Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2010-135 (Carrie skirt)

Reviewed by:Catherine Daze

About Catherine Dazestarstar
Member since: 3/23/09
Posted on:8/29/10 1:15 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
dorothyn said... (11/4/10 10:53 PM) Reply
Really nice implementation of this one. I just got the magazine with this pattern (we get them 3-4 months behind in Australia), and now I'm inspired for a cute summer skirt in the southern hemisphere. Thanks for the great review.
inkstain said... (9/1/10 2:34 AM) Reply
Very cute and much more wearable than the pink version which put me off. As usual, I love your style. This skirt has a Vogue precursor which I sewed many years ago with a few pleats under a slanted yoke. I did that one in black, and I predict you'll get a lot of wear out of your blue version!
chicaem29 said... (8/30/10 11:10 AM) Reply
Love your skirt! I thought the pattern was cute and am considering making it, and I'm glad to see you were able to lengthen it successfully (as I cannot wear a tiny miniskirt) and I appreciate your tips. I love the color of your fabric!
JEF said... (8/30/10 9:29 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
Jane S said... (8/30/10 8:04 AM) Reply
Love the fit and lines of this skirt, as you said fitted but swingy. Versatile and chic.
RadarRadiance said... (8/29/10 3:45 PM) Reply
Cute!! you wear it well.
lakaribane said... (8/29/10 2:22 PM) Reply
I liked that one too. Maybe I'll get my Aug issue this week...I hope. Love your fabric!
CypGrl said... (8/29/10 1:42 PM) Reply
Thank you for this extremely helpful review. I have this pattern traced already and like you, had puzzled over the zipper part. It really looks nice on you.

by: Mahogany S...