Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5147 (Lifestyle Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
ArtAttack said... (10/28/12 1:24 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Love the detail.
imsewcrazy said... (10/28/12 12:37 PM) Reply
Love all of them!! It's great how you can take one pattern and make four dresses yet they all look different and each one is beautiful!!
stitchwitch said... (10/28/12 7:04 AM) Reply
You look terrific in your dress - inspiring! Thank you also for an excellent review.
Maree P said... (10/27/12 7:27 PM) Reply
Lovely sewing, Caroline. You 'glow' in the fuschia version...my favourite on you.
Nancywin said... (9/12/10 10:02 PM) Reply
Nice job, Caroline. And thanks again for doing the sew along with this pattern, or I wouldn't have made mine! I love your fabrics, especially the green and white one.
Annette1 said... (9/8/10 10:30 PM) Reply
Oooooo, pretty, pretty, pretty! And I never even NOTICED the dress with this pattern. My beady little eyes go straight to the jacket, and I miss everything else. LOVE your fabric, too. :o)
pterion said... (9/5/10 5:54 PM) Reply
What pretty fabric! A winner of a pattern, it looks fabulous on you!
becca a said... (9/5/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful dresses! I especially love the border print version. I don't know why you say you "cheated" on the alterations--it looks like you did it just right (why reinvent the wheel?). I always find your sewing and explanations an inspiration. Even though we are different sizes, I have learned a lot about how to approach pattern alteration from your reviews and blog.
Hilary said... (9/5/10 6:54 AM) Reply
Your dresses re really pretty! I especially like the border print version-very nice!
RLL said... (9/4/10 8:33 PM) Reply
Love the dresses. You always make things looks so good. I always check out your reviews because we are similar in size but you manage to pull things off much nicer than I.
Patti B said... (9/4/10 7:39 PM) Reply
Once again you have shown how alterations should be done -- gorgeous dresses. Your co-workers must be envious of your wardrobe. Thanks for sharing your methods.
imsewcrazy said... (9/4/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful dresses! The fabrics are gorgeous! Great use of the border print. You look lovely!

Sew Liberated Esme Top Pattern