Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5523 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:bemodi

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Ann B. said... (12/18/10 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the advice on the bodice fit. I was planning on a doubleknit and will recheck the ease. Very pretty dress.
Robin Denning said... (12/4/10 9:21 PM) Reply
Great review- thanks for all the helpful hints. I'd love to make it up when I find the right fabric for it.
Knitters Delight said... (11/11/10 2:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. Very helpful tips!
Bonnie O said... (11/10/10 11:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the great tips! Your dress is lovely.
Northlady said... (10/15/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Dress is very attractive. I already had the pattern and your comments will be very helpful.
CissieW said... (10/12/10 4:35 PM) Reply
I have this patten and am so glad I read your review before selecting fabric. Very helpful review! Thanks so much.
Ruth Designs said... (10/2/10 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice dress! Thanks for the review because I'm about to sew it and your advice is very helpful.
Lori V said... (9/20/10 7:14 AM) Reply
Very cute dress, it looks great on you.
bemodi said... (9/9/10 9:00 PM) Reply
Yes I did put the pleat in the sleeve, it looks better on than you would think, not too much.
AuntieShel said... (9/9/10 12:59 PM) Reply
Yay, so happy to see a review of this dress and yours is absolutely beautiful and looks fabulous on you!! Thank you for the tips. I agree that the big 4 are way behind the curve with their instructions. (Thank God for PR, right?) Hopefully the knit I have will be just right. Thanks for the tip on zero ease in the bust with this pattern. Did you put the pleat in the sleeve?
becca a said... (9/6/10 5:55 PM) Reply
I love your dress! I agree completely about the ridiculous instructions in big 4 knit patterns. What are they thinking?
4u2cme said... (9/6/10 1:45 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. I do plan to make this dress soon.
Amy-may said... (9/6/10 12:51 PM) Reply
Oh, very nice! I just picked up this pattern but then wondered if it was too boxy - guess not, you great!
Kathy in NM said... (9/6/10 11:24 AM) Reply
Great dress! Thanks for the detailed review. I keep eyeing this pattern. It is nice to see it made-up on a real person.
Rebecca D said... (9/6/10 8:46 AM) Reply
Elegant and comfy - a winning combination. I'm adding it to my wish list, thanks for a very helpful review.
michellep74 said... (9/6/10 2:12 AM) Reply
Very nice dress! Thanks for the info on the construction. I plan to make this dress later this fall--your review will be very helpful!
homejewel said... (9/6/10 0:27 AM) Reply
Added to the wishlist based on your great success. Thanks for the helpful hints. It is odd that so many pattern companies fail to give proper tips when sewing with knits.
carolynw said... (9/5/10 10:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress and very helpful review
sewmytime said... (9/5/10 9:25 PM) Reply
Great review very helpful and the dress is wonderful!
cmarie12 said... (9/5/10 9:17 PM) Reply
This is such a great dress on you! Thanks for all of the info because this dress is on my to-sew list!

Understanding Wool Fabrics