Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-121 (dress)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/6/10 8:03 PM
Last Updated:9/6/10 8:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
AuntieShel said... (9/15/10 7:02 PM) Reply
Don't know how I missed this, it was just a few days ago. Ann, your dress is fabulous as always and you don't know how happy I was to find this review. I just bought this pattern at JoAnn from the Burda catalog (#7697) and could not find a review for it. Little did I know that there were many, from when the pattern was in the magazine. Now I can make the dress with confidence. Thank you, all you ladies who reviewed it.
Jane S said... (9/9/10 7:42 AM) Reply
Great flattering dress on you. Thanks for reminding us to look up this dress. It's versatile and chic.
Annette1 said... (9/8/10 10:46 PM) Reply
Well, I'm glad you rescued this from the bottom of the stack, because it is EVER so flattering on you. That neckline is JUST RIGHT.
Ann Smith said... (9/8/10 8:53 PM) Reply
grey ann: I found it under Archives des Magazines.
grey ann said... (9/8/10 7:57 PM) Reply
well if anyone can explain to me how to find this on their website, please email me - greyann. Thanks!
Ann Smith said... (9/8/10 3:10 PM) Reply
Winifred and others: I found the design on Burda's website so it is now posted above.
jennybaxt said... (9/8/10 8:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - another success story for this pattern.
Barbara V said... (9/7/10 6:59 PM) Reply
Having seen you wear it in person, I can say that it is indeed very gorgeous and flattering on you. I love the fabric. I'm so glad you were able to squeeze enough pieces out of the fabric to complete the project.
morzel said... (9/7/10 2:55 PM) Reply
This is stylish and looks comfortable. Great match!
marec said... (9/7/10 10:33 AM) Reply
I am so glad that you completed this dress from 2008! It's a very, very flattering dress and I love the fabric colors on you.
CarolynGM said... (9/7/10 8:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I sympathize with the fabric width issue. I recently bought some alleged 45 inch fabric that was only 41 and had to finagle a lot to make what I intended from it.
Nancy K said... (9/7/10 8:36 AM) Reply
This looks great Ann.
susiestitcher said... (9/7/10 7:48 AM) Reply
I love your fabric, even if it wasn't as advertised. The dress looks simply lovely -- so flattering on you.
JenniferBee said... (9/7/10 3:50 AM) Reply
Lovely dress Ann, looks great on you
Ann Smith said... (9/7/10 0:57 AM) Reply
Winifred: I don't know how. I agree it is annoying. I will scan a picture tomorrow and edit it in.
Winifred said... (9/7/10 0:50 AM) Reply
Anne, have you any idea how to get the line drawing on the BS site. I went to the Archives but couldn't get it to respond with the pattern numbers etc. So frustrating!
Winifred said... (9/7/10 0:28 AM) Reply
This is a lovely dress Ann, very flattering. I think I need it too !! x
DorothyK said... (9/6/10 10:45 PM) Reply
Stunning. Flattering. Comfortable. What else can you ask for?

Merchant & Mills Top 64