Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5239 (THE PERFECT FIT PANTS - BUT)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:9/8/10 4:43 PM
Last Updated:9/8/10 4:47 PM
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by carolynw using this Pattern

sewsabina said... (6/1/11 5:50 PM) Reply
You did an excellent job and I think they look great on you.
Christas said... (10/14/10 5:13 PM) Reply
I think your pants look very nice on you!
loti said... (10/6/10 1:48 PM) Reply
Great pants, I have this pattern, and I also have the same butt fit on a few of my mine.
Lucy in Virginia said... (9/10/10 3:17 PM) Reply
BE-YOU-TEE-FULL!!! Crease or no crease. These look like dress pants, not denim.
jewelsew said... (9/10/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Overall they look really good on you!
Moxie Carol said... (9/9/10 10:36 PM) Reply
I also would try the "flat butt" adjustment as Aixoise suggested. That should take care of that crease. Your pants are beautiful and inspiring. Who knew denim could look so dressy!
Peggy L said... (9/9/10 7:37 AM) Reply
Those pants look great! Definitely a TNT. No suggestions for you but I hope you'll update if you find a fix. By the way, I love your new pic!!! It may not be all that new but I haven't been on here too much the last 6 months. I'm going to pick up this pattern at the next sale.
sew2little said... (9/9/10 0:06 AM) Reply
These look PDG to me, Carolyn! Since I am pants-phobic, I have no advice, only kudos! Marci
Annette1 said... (9/8/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Now that's what I call a great-looking pair of pants, truly a TNT of the first degree! I wish I could help you with the fitting in the back (although they look pretty darn good to me). I wonder if you SHOULD try a smaller size in the back. I guess if it were me, that's what I'd try. I'm going to send you a personal message, as I have a resource that MIGHT help in that regard that I could email to you.
KathySews said... (9/8/10 8:21 PM) Reply
great looking pants. I avoid pants but should maybe try P/P
Aixoise said... (9/8/10 5:26 PM) Reply
Have you tried the P/P method of folding out a waist-to-hem crease down the back pattern piece? They usually put lines on the pattern pieces indicating placement of this crease; crease depth is up to you. You might have to add a bit back to the side seam near the waist, depending on your proportions. But it's a fix worth trying if you haven't already. It's worked for me (I have a very flat seat, so there's often too much fabric there). Great looking pants! They're worth tweaking to perfection.

by: StephiLuna