Pattern Reviews> Kayla Kennington> 425 (Cross Over Top)

Reviewed by:janlynn

About janlynn
ON CANADA
Member since: 1/1/08
Posted on:10/14/10 11:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Batik said... (10/15/10 10:41 PM) Reply
Oh my, this is so smart and stylish on you. Wonderful fabric choice: makes the garment.
carolynw said... (10/15/10 2:55 PM) Reply
It may have been difficult but the end result is really beautiful - I have been eyeing that fabric too at my fave fabric store in Whitby
susiestitcher said... (10/15/10 9:04 AM) Reply
I am in love with your fabric, too! Gorgeous. The top looks wonderful.
Catherine Goetz said... (10/15/10 7:45 AM) Reply
I love the extra beading detail that you added. Accurate cutting and sewing is a must for Kayla's garments. I hadn't though of using my walking foot but that is a good idea. What I like to do is start my seaming (multi-stitch zigzag) at the shoulder for example, and then I take the two end pieces in hand to ensure they meet and try to keep them taught to ensure that both seam edges stitch evenly. It's tricky as you say because of the bias edges and you don't want to stretch the seams too much. I save hemming the bottom of the garment to the last and serge (roll hem) it to deal with any unevenness. I'm glad you persevered as it looks great.
Elona said... (10/15/10 0:24 AM) Reply
I think you've made a stunner! And you've certainly given us all excellent information if we should decide to make this top (or probably any other of Kayla's striking designs). Congratulations on a beautiful top.
FreyaStark said... (10/15/10 0:02 AM) Reply
A really distinctive garment. I think you'll like wearing it now it's finished! Thanks for a useful review.

Vogue Patterns 2091