Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 45793-1011 (Fur Trimmed Apres Ski Jacket)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

Last Updated:10/20/10 11:02 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
a7yrstitch said... (3/3/12 9:16 PM) Reply
Thank you for cataloging and sharing your process. Your jacket is beautiful. If I saw it in person I know I would be blown away by the construction just as I was blown away by the construction of your review. Thank you.
Janice2222 said... (11/13/11 11:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket
sarahbopp said... (6/21/11 0:45 AM) Reply
I'm a 32/26/37! Would you ever consider selling your jacket patterns? I would LOVE to make this jacket; it's absolutely lovely and timeless.
Sew it seams said... (11/21/10 6:29 PM) Reply
This is just beautiful. Thank you for all the wonderful links in your review. I know that takes a lot of extra time.
Restart06 said... (10/24/10 3:55 PM) Reply
Stunning!! Can you make one for me?! Enjoy wearing it , you will look like a million bucks in it!
Barbara V said... (10/23/10 6:26 PM) Reply
I am truly amazed and impressed with your beautiful creation. You put so much time into planning and executing and your end result is truly lovely. Let the winter begin!
Catbird said... (10/22/10 9:31 AM) Reply
From one "recession battered penny pincher" to another, I'm so impressed! You have made a truly high-end coat with your careful purchases. Add in your meticulous fitting and sewing skills and you've got something that could hang proudly in Neiman Marcus or Saks any day!
dingyadi said... (10/22/10 0:09 AM) Reply
Just exquisite! And thankyou for the link to the ebay zipper pull seller - what a fantastic idea.
Kayseri said... (10/21/10 10:36 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket, all the elements come together in a eye-popping whole.
Terri A said... (10/21/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Wow! Another great one! Just wonderful!
nancy2001 said... (10/21/10 3:11 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your generous comments (and for the votes). I had so much fun designing and sewing this jacket -- it makes up for all my wadders along the way.
ggf2005 said... (10/21/10 1:17 PM) Reply
Incredible sewing! Beautiful jacket! I hope you win!
ggf2005 said... (10/21/10 1:17 PM) Reply
Incredible sewing! Beautiful jacket! I hope you win!
Mary M. Mohr said... (10/21/10 12:22 PM) Reply
What an inspirational jacket. This looks like the essence of Gorsuch to me, a catalog from which I will buy all of my clothing in my next lifetime. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and precision of your review. And your finished product is straight from the pages of Gorsuch. I am headed off to vote for this fabulosity.
Mary M. Mohr said... (10/21/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Paris75008 said... (10/21/10 10:15 AM) Reply
Oh.my.gosh!!!! Truly fabulous jacket and wonderful, helpful review. You made this for $30??? You are amazing! It's head and shoulders above the Nieman Marcus and Saks versions. And thanks for the link to the ebay designer zipper pulls. I can't believe they are selling these things openly! I voted for you. You are easily the best!
RadarRadiance said... (10/21/10 10:11 AM) Reply
I would wear this in a heatbeat! Love it and your sewing is fantastic and stylish! Great reveiw...
Sue Anfang said... (10/21/10 9:41 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, I love it!
Rhoda K said... (10/21/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous and a great review. You do such beautiful work. Good luck in the contest!
Diane333 said... (10/21/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Your jacket and your review are wonderful. You got my vote.
Kay Y said... (10/21/10 8:15 AM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous jacket. You have clearly got a pattern that works for you beautifully! Good luck in the voting.
JDpenelope said... (10/21/10 8:02 AM) Reply
If possible, you have outdone yourself again -- on both the jacket and the review. So many helpful hints are included and thanks for the links. I voted for your jacket in the contest, too! This is another amazing accomplishment. Thanks for the encouragement, too.
Kat B. said... (10/21/10 6:47 AM) Reply
Love it! Beautifully done! You have a lot of talent. :)
arianamaniacs said... (10/21/10 6:21 AM) Reply
Excellent. Your jackets are always impeccable. The finalists were all great, but I voted for yours, since I thought it truly was the best!
tess said... (10/21/10 5:20 AM) Reply
Superbly tailored beautifully constructed you are a very talented woman!
Sarsez said... (10/21/10 2:17 AM) Reply
I really do like that collar too. Thanks for writing this review. It's a lovely jacket.
sewnsewtoo said... (10/21/10 1:45 AM) Reply
You've done it again. What a wonderful creation.
ryansmumAria said... (10/21/10 1:23 AM) Reply
stunning!
CynthiaSue said... (10/21/10 1:04 AM) Reply
How on earth did I miss the first 2 versions?? this is incredible! truly elegant, tasteful, classic. perfectly tailored. I went and voted immediately. Yours is by far the best!
MaryDB said... (10/20/10 11:20 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Good luck in the contest.
Nan Kay said... (10/20/10 11:04 PM) Reply
The jacket is great! Good luck with the contest, I voted!
marec said... (10/20/10 10:56 PM) Reply
What a wonderfully helpful review-and a gorgeous jacket. Words fail me....

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2012-128