Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2734 (Anna Sui Skirt, Jacket, Pants)

Reviewed by:Amanda S.

About Amanda S.starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 6/27/08
Posted on:10/26/10 12:13 PM
Last Updated:10/26/10 12:19 PM

mountaindoe said... (9/25/14 3:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful review! I love the details of the jacket, and I will remember that idea for finishing the seams of an unlined jacket.
Scheri said... (2/11/11 3:02 AM) Reply
Great Jacket. Such a wonderful job
Mc Donna said... (2/3/11 9:27 PM) Reply
What a cool jacket! I'm a little late to the party, but agree with all that has been said here. Nicely done and it looks perfect on you.
Melinda Ally said... (10/28/10 8:09 PM) Reply
Love the jacket!!!
Maree P said... (10/27/10 7:12 PM) Reply
This is simply superb Amanda - in no way it is Little House on the Prairie. Your sewing is impeccable and really showcases the place of unlined jackets for our wardrobes (particularly in my climate).
Dei said... (10/27/10 2:01 PM) Reply
How you have time to sew with a new baby I don't know, but your jacket is fabulous. The sewing is your usual impeccable. Great fit as well. I see your little sugarbear playing in the corner of the yard. :)
susiestitcher said... (10/27/10 1:08 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful, as are all your garments. The corduroy was a perfect choice for showing off the insets. Just the right texture for them - neither over the top nor lost in the fabric. I am so in awe of your bias bound seams. What a lovely custom touch. Who needs lining when you can make the inside look like this! Great job. Congratulations on the new baby. You look amazing!
Diane333 said... (10/27/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Just love your jacket and the design details and how detailed you were with the interior.
Sic said... (10/27/10 7:50 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - the inside looks nice, too!
CynthiaSue said... (10/27/10 0:28 AM) Reply
oh and I love the little cherub in the background!
CynthiaSue said... (10/27/10 0:28 AM) Reply
I wish i had the patience for all those bias seams because it looks so amazing. this jacket is lovely and timeless. i think you will be able to wear if for 10 years!
Kayseri said... (10/26/10 9:56 PM) Reply
I love this jacket! You've done a beautiful job with a complicated pattern. (And I must remember the bias tape seam finish for casual jackets).
1SewSweet said... (10/26/10 9:39 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Love the color and an awesome fit on you too! Doesn't look like there's any "baby weight" there! Great job!
Catbird said... (10/26/10 8:44 PM) Reply
It's beautiful, Amanda! You were so brave to tackle this in corduroy and I love how it came out. The inside finish is phenomenal and I KNOW how much work that was.... Congratulations on a great jacket and especially on your new baby!
AuntieShel said... (10/26/10 8:44 PM) Reply
Such a cute jacket--all the detail!! Can't believe you encased all those SA's in bias binding. That is what I call dedication. You look fabulous after just having the baby!! Is that one of her big brothers in the pic behind you? So cute!
Barbara V said... (10/26/10 8:27 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your new baby! Your jacket is fabulous and looks great on your amazingly slim post baby body! I love how your used the corduroy fabric for the bias insets at the waist for a really great result. I have this pattern "but haven't used it yet"....sigh.
Nan Kay said... (10/26/10 5:01 PM) Reply
Super cute jacket, I don't think I have ever noticed this pattern, good for you for finding it!
marec said... (10/26/10 3:39 PM) Reply
What beautiful work-I admire your perseverance with all the seam finishes. Your jacket is gorgeous. Congratulations on your new baby too!
MNBarb said... (10/26/10 12:42 PM) Reply
This is really a beautiful jacket. I love the design details at the waist. Your finishing technique looks very professionally done. Corduroy was a perfect fabric choice. Catbird has also inspired me to try patterns.
Aixoise said... (10/26/10 12:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, beautiful wearer. You're looking very trim and happy. Congratulations on the new arrival.
dukaqwn said... (10/26/10 12:32 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket inside and out!! You did such a wonderful job, and it looks great on you!
Twinset said... (10/26/10 12:26 PM) Reply
What a great jacket! I just LOVE the finishing on the inside - great job, really! And congratulations for the new baby!

Sew Liberated The Emmeline Apron