Pattern Reviews> Pin-up Girls> 1200 (Classic Full Band Bra)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:10/26/10 7:30 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
fuzzygalore said... (5/19/11 6:35 AM) Reply
Looks great! It was bra-makers who gave me forehead-smacking insight - it may be because I have kind of pudgy ribs high up that I like partial-band bras so much better. They require underwires, but are much comfier for me than the softest of full-band bras. You may want to experiment, especially now that there's a partial-band Pin-Up version..
okie2thdoc said... (10/29/10 8:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this since we took the class it's nice to see the difference. I'm planning on making one too with this pattern.
fuzzygalore said... (10/28/10 5:21 AM) Reply
It's only recently that I've figured out from Beverly Johnson that the reason I like partial-band bras so much is the pudgy ribs. Makes a huge difference for me, even in otherwise well-fitting bras. Rather than loosen the band too much, you might want to give that a try?
susiestitcher said... (10/27/10 12:57 PM) Reply
I really, really want to make my own bras. Yours is an inspiration. I have very small breasts and a barrel ribcage though - somewhere around 36 A. So I am naturally a bit worried. But if I could ever make one that fits, it would be so much better than all the sports bras I make and wear. Thanks for the great review. Yours looks totally professional. I love the little bow to finish it off.
cloudyhn said... (10/27/10 12:16 PM) Reply
So pretty...
OP Gal said... (10/27/10 7:43 AM) Reply
I'm s-o-o-o jealous that I wasn't able to make it to the Wichita bra making trip. Your bra look so professional. Great job, as usual.
li'l miss muffett said... (10/27/10 6:52 AM) Reply
So pretty, Annette! I can't believe I don't have this pattern yet! Might have to fix that... LOL!
Terri A said... (10/27/10 5:19 AM) Reply
I am so impressed and just wow! How amazing is that?
Nancywin said... (10/27/10 1:06 AM) Reply
This looks great. I have made a couple of bras, but would love to be able to take a class. Nothing at all in my area unfortunately. I love this pattern. I may have to order it. Nice job.
diane s said... (10/26/10 10:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I have this pattern in my stash, bought specifically because I don't like the pointness the horizontal seam in the Elite bra causes. I took Anne's class last spring and I agree it was so worth it. How was the sizing on this pattern compared to the Elite?
Annette Wright said... (10/26/10 10:35 PM) Reply
I'd still like to try the "Bravo Bella Bra" as I agree it is more supportive, nice to hear you had success with it, sewing for fun
sewing for fun said... (10/26/10 10:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty pink bra! I loved Anne's class, also! I made her daughter's Bravo Bella bra pattern with great success - I liked it better than the Elite, because it has a 3-piece cup with a nice side support panel.
RadarRadiance said... (10/26/10 9:20 PM) Reply
Great review and what a beautiful bra! It doesn't look like you made it at all. Beautiful job.
Mufffet said... (10/26/10 7:40 PM) Reply
Very nice review. Your bra looks like you purchased it....you must have a lot pf patience as well as expertise! Very pretty.
Restart06 said... (10/26/10 7:33 PM) Reply
The classes sound awesome, and your bra very comfortable. Thanks for the info.

Folkwear 209