Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Islander Sewing Systems> 216 (My Style Greeting)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:10/29/10 11:07 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Deepika said... (11/1/10 0:43 AM) Reply
So the party was a huge success! I had decided that no sewing is going to take place on Saturday but when I showed the girls my card, one of them just pleaded with me to teach her. She said that she had used a sewing machine before. So with minimum supervision she made not one but two cards! The machine stalled, thread got bunched up under the paper, but she still did it! I was so proud of her.
janet said... (10/30/10 8:51 PM) Reply
Tres, tres CHIC!
arianamaniacs said... (10/30/10 12:04 PM) Reply
get out of town, this is too cute!
MarianS said... (10/30/10 11:14 AM) Reply
How cute!!
1SewSweet said... (10/30/10 10:09 AM) Reply
Renren was sooo correct and glad she got you to change your mind! While the card is absolutely adorable and I'm sure, fun to make, it would have been a HUGE challenge for you hosting a dinner party! Great job on the card and thanks for sharing!
Deepika said... (10/30/10 9:43 AM) Reply
Renren you are right. I think this would be a cool idea to do with kids if I am just hosting a craft party but with a full blown dinner party where I am needed in many different places at once, not so much, so I am going to skip this project tonight but I am sooo going to make more of these cards.
JEF said... (10/30/10 9:30 AM) Reply
Very cute, sounds fun to make.
Tini said... (10/30/10 2:59 AM) Reply
so so so cute :)
ColorMeHome said... (10/30/10 0:41 AM) Reply
I love it! I think I am going to give this one a try!
SewSho said... (10/29/10 11:31 PM) Reply
Haha I didn't realise it was a miniature until I started reading! Super nice!
renren said... (10/29/10 10:30 PM) Reply
Very cute, but I think you will have your hands quite busy with the dinner party and leading the 4 little girls in this project--it doesn't look easy but if you succeed they will have an evening to remember!
Aroura said... (10/29/10 6:44 PM) Reply
Ohmy, that is the coolest idea for a greeting card! What a great craft idea, thanks so much for this review. :)
ggf2005 said... (10/29/10 4:50 PM) Reply
Very cute! Having worked with little girls in Girl Scouts, this is a very doable thing for them. When DD was in kindergarten, she once brought home a "paper teddy bear" to stuff and dress. We sewed it together using a whip stitched with yarn and glued the clothes and features (buttons and scraps) on with tacky glue.
cloudyhn said... (10/29/10 3:13 PM) Reply
Adorable...
quathy said... (10/29/10 1:25 PM) Reply
This is so cute! At first when I saw the picture, I thought what a wonderful party dress!!! Then I realized it's a card! Adorable and charming!
WL said... (10/29/10 12:29 PM) Reply
That is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Kwik Sew 2895