Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Verona Jacket and Coat (Jacket)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:11/10/10 10:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by marthamyers using this Pattern

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Distinctive Sewing Supplies said... (3/15/14 8:47 AM) Reply
I was wondering whether or not to make this pattern but your reviews have clinched it. I think the pockets are too high on the coat and the cropped jacket and cropped sleeves look out of proportion. Thank you for the reviews.
blue mooney said... (11/12/10 8:16 AM) Reply
Love this! Coordinating the facing and button is a wonderful touch. Classy looking vest.
Karendee said... (11/11/10 12:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful vest and extremely well executed. I love the inside and button/closing detail as much as the public side of this vest. Beautifully made.
grey ann said... (11/11/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Martha, I love your thorough reviews, even tho' we are NOT the same body type. Your tips and techniques are very helpful. Great adaptation of this pattern to make a vest. Love the b&w trim details. It's very becoming on you.
Fran S said... (11/11/10 8:42 AM) Reply
Martha, this is lovely. I liked this pattern as soon as it came out but this is the first time I've seen it made up. Thank you! I absolutely love your contrast facing. You should wear it at least part open just to show it off!
Rustybobn said... (11/11/10 8:22 AM) Reply
That's gorgeous, Martha!
Peggy L said... (11/11/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the vest on you and the contrast facings.
Margie T said... (11/11/10 0:11 AM) Reply
I love your vest. It really suits you.
pterion said... (11/10/10 11:06 PM) Reply
Beautifully done, inside and out. Red and black are one of my favorite color combos and this vest is very striking.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/10/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Wonderful! I so enjoyed reading about your construction methods and about the notions/tools you used to achieve excellent results on this project. Love the quilting! Looks beautiful on you.
DorothyK said... (11/10/10 5:29 PM) Reply
I like it. I think it's great as a vest. I like your choice of fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the coat.
Barbara V said... (11/10/10 4:58 PM) Reply
Your vest is a wonderful creation using the Verona Jacket pattern. So nice looking with the addition of the black/white element. Very clever.
Annette1 said... (11/10/10 4:46 PM) Reply
GREAT review, and your designer vest is such a welcome splash of color as we make our way into the fall/winter season. I particularly like your black/white checked lining and the black/white button (and loop closure). SO pretty!
marec said... (11/10/10 1:29 PM) Reply
That is beautiful on you Martha! I love the red/black combo and the checks are very sporty. This is a SW pattern I may try when I am over my trauma from the last 2 attempts :-)
Aixoise said... (11/10/10 11:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. Your fabric combo is lovely. Great idea to make the vest version; I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket/coat version. Thanks for reviewing this pattern.
Elemenopeo said... (11/10/10 11:09 AM) Reply