Pattern Reviews> Islander Sewing Systems> 210 (Women's City Western Blouse)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:12/2/10 5:09 PM

blue mooney said... (12/5/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Looks good - nice color for you! Thanks for a good review and insight into the Islander patterns.
sewrose said... (12/4/10 6:31 PM) Reply
Doesn't Diane's shirt look great? Mine doesn't fit me. I totally cop to the fact that I fooled around with a muslin before we took the class, but I outsmarted myself somehow. And my cuffs didn't fit the sleeves.
Diane E said... (12/4/10 1:38 AM) Reply
Thank you, Carolyn! Even though the hair takes longer to dry, it's easier to "style." LOL! And yes, I plan to make at least one more of these shirts, now that the fitting is out of the way!
cmarie12 said... (12/3/10 4:56 PM) Reply
First this has nuthin to do with the pattern but you look great with longer hair! Ok, now that's out of the way...I'm liking the shirt. Will you make it again?
Diane E said... (12/3/10 2:01 PM) Reply
mssewcrazy, thanks for you comment, which prompted me to add something about sizing above. I definitely think it's great that the pattern includes the larger sizes, it was only that I thought it might have at least two smaller sizes, as well.
mssewcrazy said... (12/3/10 1:20 PM) Reply
I think you just sold a lot of patterns for this shirt. Yours is just wonderful. I am very happy the pattern extends into the larger sizes since that's what I would need. I think you knitted jacket is great looking also.
Diane E said... (12/3/10 10:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for your thoughtful comments, everyone. I am so happy to have completed this project! Fran, I knitted the jacket -- here's more info.
Fran G said... (12/3/10 10:01 AM) Reply
Always enjoy your postings and projects, Diane. Your shirt "fits" your style well; casual, comfortable, classic. I am sure you can fix the back that concerns you rather easily. Learning new techniques is always a good thing! I especially like the look worn with the little jacket..did you sew that also?
Lisette said... (12/3/10 7:10 AM) Reply
Nicely constructed blouse!
MNBarb said... (12/2/10 8:59 PM) Reply
I took a similar "down and dirty" shirt-making class at an expo. For me a quick to make pattern would have photos only or just a little verbage. I like the visuals and agree that too much reading doesn't make for a fast project. You did get a nice basic shirt from this pattern.
pterion said... (12/2/10 8:28 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks great despite some frustrations. Thanks for such an informative review. I've been wondering about this pattern. It's such a great classic style.
Elona said... (12/2/10 8:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for this very helpful--and cautionary--review, Diane. The shirt looks great (and that little bit of extra length in the back would be easy to fix), and ideas behind the pattern are so appealing, but I admit that having to watch for varying seam allowances and such would slow me down.
Meredith P said... (12/2/10 7:41 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out nicely. I've got one for DH (different pattern obviously) in UFO status forever. I had a few "pieces not fitting" issues with it too. I do like the way yours looks though. (And I like your sweater too :-)
RLL said... (12/2/10 7:26 PM) Reply
Your top looks very comfy and casual, right up my alley!
Christas said... (12/2/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks TERRIFIC. I love the whole ensemble, complete with sweater and boots! Thanks for your very nice review. I have been very curious about Islander patterns. Enjoy your lovely new top!
FloraNature said... (12/2/10 5:32 PM) Reply
I'm 31 inches at the full bust, what a shame it doesn't come that small. I'd have liked to make it - yours looks so nice.

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

No Pattern Used See Kate Sew\'s Baby Dress

by: MadeByMeg

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

by: RachelKenn...