Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8430 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:12/8/10 11:27 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
janet said... (12/9/10 3:15 PM) Reply
I have made this jacket twice as well. I like your bound rendition--very classy!
janet said... (12/9/10 3:14 PM) Reply
!
Kemish said... (12/9/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great on you. I think you will get a lot of wear from this jacket (echoing the other reviewers!) because you made it from a really nice fabrc wihich goes with almost everything and goes from dressy to casual. A great garment to have in one's wardrobe. I know the pattern doesn't have a lot of fit, but your jacket looks liek it fits you well, Great garment. Thank you for sharing.
JETrinity said... (12/9/10 10:26 AM) Reply
I love Marcy patterns. So thanks for the review because I have been lusting after this pattern.
carolynw said... (12/9/10 9:20 AM) Reply
Marta this looks very, very nice. This is apattern I have used over and over - getting different results depending on the fabric choice - I intend to keep it in the stash as it is a good basic for an easy jacket to throw over sweaters, etc.
Rosesred said... (12/9/10 7:24 AM) Reply
Very detailed review, thanks! Love the combination of color and style, good choice!
Patti B said... (12/8/10 10:17 PM) Reply
I agree with DorothyK, I think you'll wear this more often than you think. It's different and I like it on you.
Karendee said... (12/8/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket! You look great in it.
DorothyK said... (12/8/10 1:46 PM) Reply
This is a nice jacket with much more style than one usually finds in a comfy jacket. I think you will get a lot of use out of it. I have the same question about how to insert the lower sleeve. Sometimes the directions say to insert flat, and sometimes to set in. What's the best way for a dropped shoulder?

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2013-123A