Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3032 (Skirt with Flounce)

Reviewed by:kirianth

About kirianthstar
WA USA
Member since: 2/16/03
Posted on:6/27/04 2:42 AM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Formalwear    Suits / Separates    Skirts
valerie sews said... (6/28/04 8:00 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I've got this pattern and can't wait to try it.
AnneM said... (6/27/04 4:52 PM) Reply
I've been looking at the reviews for this pattern; it seems like it would be particularly good for the slinky knit fabrics. Yours came out very nicely. I agree; there are definite advantages to a shorter height!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (6/27/04 3:48 PM) Reply
This is one of my all-time favorite patterns, too -- one reason being this terrific skirt! It looks good on us 5'12"-ers, also...
MsConnie said... (6/27/04 11:58 AM) Reply
This is my next project, and I'm glad to get the sizing info. I measure right between M and L, so will move up. The ruffle-edge elastic is a great touch - your skirt looks great!
gabrielle said... (6/27/04 11:22 AM) Reply
Very cute! The ruffle-edged elastic is a great idea, too. Now why don't I have this pattern?
Hilary said... (6/27/04 10:02 AM) Reply
Pretty skirt, Kirianth! I love the fabric, and I agree, being short has its advantages :oP Great review!(I just got this pattern, and I cant wait to try it!)
Patti B said... (6/27/04 9:38 AM) Reply
Kirianth, lovely skirt! Appreciate your 'can do' spirit on the fabric -- it's exactly the right length.
JDpenelope said... (6/27/04 9:14 AM) Reply
Great job, nice fabric. Thanks for the link and elastic idea.
Karen Bowers said... (6/27/04 8:29 AM) Reply
great skirt! i usually make solid color skirts, and i need to stretch into fun patterns like yours. i relate to your concern about the 1/2 inch wide elastic with this pattern. i adapted it for 1 inch because A) i've got a giant roll of 1 inch and B) the 1/2 inch elastic wasn't strong enough for fabrics with much body to them.
jlg said... (6/27/04 6:24 AM) Reply
Very pretty. The fabric is so soft and feminine looking.

Lily Pocket Purse Paper Pattern