Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3108 (Panel skirts w/ godets)

Viewed 1943 times
Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:6/28/04 6:34 PM
Last Updated:6/28/04 8:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Hilary said... (7/14/05 8:59 AM) Reply
Nice skirt!
Sew Jane said... (6/29/04 9:36 AM) Reply
Love your skirt Patti. Here's a thought on the hip measurement from a quilter as well as a garment sewer: when you're sewing all those seams together if the measurement is off by just 1/8" it will make a difference (even 1/16 " across eight seams) On a tricky block where accuracy is extremely important (instead of just very important) I put the needle down and get my seam gauge out to make sure the seam is exactly where it needs to be. Thanks for a great review and idea for an inventive save.
Patti B said... (6/29/04 9:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind words -- I really needed them when it was too snug! Mini, thanks for the reminder about the garment measurements; obviously I should have consulted them!
alicia said... (6/29/04 6:37 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt and review.
AnneM said... (6/29/04 6:10 AM) Reply
Love your skirt; using the reverse side gives it a great flair. Nice save.
Danvillegirl said... (6/29/04 5:55 AM) Reply
Good review. I have yet to make a KS skirt and have this pattern. Perhaps it is time to try it.
PVA said... (6/29/04 1:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I love gored skirts, but haven't tried the godets -- yet! I'll bet it moves beautifully!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (6/28/04 10:37 PM) Reply
I think the reverse godets are so pretty - show them off!
Mini said... (6/28/04 9:33 PM) Reply
Kwik Sew usually has finished hip and waist measurements printed somewhere on the skirt pattern pieces. It's a good idea to look for these before deciding on a size-of course measuring is important just to be sure. I like the reverse godets too. Thanks for the good idea:).
mudcat said... (6/28/04 8:05 PM) Reply
I also like the two shades of fabric.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/28/04 7:44 PM) Reply
I love the subtle shading of the reverse fabric in the godets!! The skirt is very classy and looks like it would feel wonderful. Gray was being considered for the next addition to my wardrobe and I think you just make up my mind. I must find a way to use your shading idea. Thanks.

More Knits