Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3504

Posted on:12/31/10 1:13 PM
Last Updated:1/2/11 12:51 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Pants
Annette1 said... (1/2/11 6:39 PM) Reply
GREAT review, and you've done a SUPERB job on these jeans, and I see MANY MORE in the future. :o) I've contemplated getting this pattern for my husband, too, before it's no longer available. :o)
Christas said... (1/1/11 12:09 PM) Reply
One of the goals I have for 2011 is to make jeans for my husband and older sons. I really appreciate your review as this is the pattern I bought to make their jeans. Nice sewing!
MNBarb said... (12/31/10 11:18 PM) Reply
Jeans are such a rewarding sewing project and yours look great! Once you get the basic fit you can always make minor adjustments on the next pair. I second your suggestion for keeping a pair of RTW nearby to get the topstitching and bartacking right. Congrats!
treefrog said... (12/31/10 3:26 PM) Reply
The jeans look great and I love the personal touch of using the batik print as the pocket lining. Thanks for putting heaps of detail in your review.
CathyWeeks said... (12/31/10 1:30 PM) Reply
Thanks, Peter. I did indeed have a pair of RTW jeans to look at, and it IS really helpful. Unfortunately, I prewashed and dried the fabric FIVE times prior cutting, so I doubt there'll be much shrinkage.
Peter in NYC said... (12/31/10 1:27 PM) Reply
Sounds like you met the challenges and then some. I think these look great. Having made Kwik Sew jeans myself I understand where you're coming from. Mens flys are a challenge and it always helps to have a pair of RTW jeans nearby to compare it to, in addition to the written instructions. These willl probably shrink some over time, not to worry. Congratulations on a job well done!

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern