Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tosca Dress (Tosca Dress)

Reviewed by:Terri K

About Terri Kstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/19/03
Posted on:1/5/11 6:50 PM
Last Updated:1/11/11 5:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

said... (1/11/11 9:00 PM) Reply
When I first saw the line drawing of the Tosca, I wasn't keen on it, however seeing your interpretations, and your modifications: I think it's great and I love it too. Could be a perfect autumn/winter dress.
marthamyers said... (1/11/11 10:48 AM) Reply
Another great version of this very intriguing pattern, Terri! I'm wondering if you'll wear the black one on its own or with something underneath? Great idea to use interesting fabric with it - great combination of pattern and fabric. Also would love to see it on you. Thanks for the second review of this!
Barbara V said... (1/8/11 11:15 AM) Reply
So nice to see your review of the Tosca Dress. If one wore a tank top underneath the dress with the large armholes, then I think it would look more like a dress. Your alterations made it so that you can wear it on its own as a dress. Both ways make a very wonderful dress. Very cute muslin.
FreyaStark said... (1/7/11 6:14 AM) Reply
You're quite right - keep it simple; let the fabric do the talking. I like your dress much more than the envelope version.
Karine said... (1/6/11 9:42 PM) Reply
Very cute dress and DEFINITELY wearable. Linda Lee (Sewing Workshop) said she wears a fun tank top under it because of deep armholes. I sort of like the look given that it's a funky design to start with. Your shortened length makes the dress seem flirty, youthful - love it! It's next on my "to do" pile. Thanks for the review.
lamstu said... (1/6/11 9:22 AM) Reply
mmm so interesting! I'll look forward to seeing Dorothy's and maybe a few more to decide. Yours looks great.
mm said... (1/6/11 7:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I have ordered it and am looking forward to giving it a go. Yours looks great.
Annette1 said... (1/6/11 0:22 AM) Reply
This is a pattern that I've not yet seen, and I really like the silhouette. Your muslin is most definitely CUTE and WEARABLE. :o) I'm looking forward to seeing Dorothy's, too.
DorothyK said... (1/5/11 9:09 PM) Reply
I'm glad to see a review of this dress. I made one too, and will review it after I take some pictures. In my opinion, this pattern is misrepresented as a dress; it's really a jumper. To wear it as a dress, it has to be modified, as you did. I like it with the Ikea fabric - I have the same fabric.:) This may be a sample dress, but you can definitely wear it - I think it's great.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322

by: grays08

10 inch Professional Shears

10 inch Professional Shears

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)