Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5766

GA USA
Member since: 7/16/07
Posted on:1/22/11 0:33 AM
Last Updated:1/22/11 11:04 AM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Handmade by Carla said... (1/28/12 1:42 PM) Reply
Thanks! Sadly, I forgot all about this coat. I'll be digging it out of my closet.
Eve27546 said... (8/2/11 1:59 PM) Reply
You did an awesone job on your coat.
Annette1 said... (1/23/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Oh darn, a new excuse to wear elbow-length gloves! :o) ABSOLUTELY, because this coat is WAY TOO PRETTY to let it linger in the closet, cold or not. It's very flattering! :o)
Handmade by Carla said... (1/23/11 4:59 PM) Reply
Thanks! Yes, my cat also sits on top of any fabric she can get her paws on, including pieces from projects that I am working on while she "supervises" my sewing. It drives me crazy that I have cat fur on things that I haven't even completed but I don't have the heart to make her get off of my sewing table (except she's not allowed on my dining room table when I'm cutting out fabric... or ever!) and I enjoy her company. My mother complains that she still finds cat fur on clothing in her closet from when I moved back home for a few months way back in 2002. I keep lint rollers in my car as well. Regarding the print, Erica B. posted a review of this coat (View B) in a beautiful black and white houndstooth print awhile ago.
Mary Heckman said... (1/23/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Very nice coat and a job well done!
CallMeSu said... (1/23/11 2:09 AM) Reply
Kyute!
o3b said... (1/23/11 1:57 AM) Reply
I like your coat a lot. I would have completely dismissed this pattern with the cover it has. I much prefer your solid colored one, although I can understand how a print would hide cat hair much better. Thank you for the info on getting coats/jackets professionally pressed. It's something I would have never done, and have never heard.
sarah121haras said... (1/22/11 4:48 PM) Reply
Your coat looks great. I can echo dfr's comments about keeping the entire cat off. If I have fabric in just one corner of my cutting table that is the corner my cat will occupy.
GBK said... (1/22/11 4:30 PM) Reply
Very nice job! The hard work has paid off!
dfr2010 said... (1/22/11 3:19 PM) Reply
Cats seem drawn to expensive fabrics like moths to a flame ...my 3 seem to approve of fleece, flannel, and wools! Of course, my problem is keeping the entire cat off the fabrics, not just the hair ;) I've invested in lint rollers. Lovely coat, and I share your puzzlement on the 3/4 sleeves.
mhk3boys said... (1/22/11 3:07 PM) Reply
Your coat looks awesome! I had a persian cat and I can remember how "hairy" my clothes would get!

Megan Nielsen MN2303