Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2962 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:2/23/11 10:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Melody said... (5/17/11 6:34 PM) Reply
Wow!! I hope you had the most awesome time at Prom. Your dress is absolutely stunning and you look fabulous!
VintageTempest said... (3/6/11 11:21 PM) Reply
Wow! That is stunning! Beautiful job!
ClaireEmily said... (3/5/11 4:17 AM) Reply
Gosh you look _gorgeous_............ The teal colour is lovely on you. Great dress!
Terri A said... (3/3/11 7:23 PM) Reply
Love your dress and your shoes!
knitmachinequeen said... (3/2/11 6:24 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous...both you and the dress!
janet said... (2/26/11 10:01 AM) Reply
LOVE you and your B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L dress. Welcome back to Pattern Review. Can't wait to see your prom pictures...
Heatherrique said... (2/25/11 11:02 PM) Reply
Meggie, you are a vision of royalty and classic Hollywood glamour with a modern day edge! Your prom will be extra special not only while wearing your own stunning creation, but with the beautiful memories you will have that will last a lifetime. Enjoy your prom like a princess! ~Louella
Cowtown Karen said... (2/25/11 10:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Annette1 said... (2/25/11 9:00 PM) Reply
... so it hits the BIG 7-0 -- hee-heeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! That's gotta' be a NEW RECORD. :o)
Annette1 said... (2/25/11 8:57 PM) Reply
I'm just leaving two more comments ...
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/25/11 6:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
KarenP said... (2/25/11 3:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! You should be proud of yourself!
VirginiasDghter said... (2/25/11 11:33 AM) Reply
I'm impressed! 1) that you made your OWN - high school (?) prom dress, 2) that it is very tasteful and elegant (high school?) 3) that it fits perfectly and is obviously very well made and 4) that you selected perfect fabric for the pattern.......I'm impressed! GREAT JOB! HIGH SCHOOL!!!?? Have a great Prom!
Karen Easter said... (2/25/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Wow, it IS fabulous!
beth5646 said... (2/25/11 4:35 AM) Reply
You must be the best dressed girl in your class. Your dress is divine.
callmeRuth said... (2/25/11 1:41 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful, Megan! I hope you will also post pics from the prom night.
fourkid said... (2/24/11 8:35 PM) Reply
Amazin' !!!
AuntieShel said... (2/24/11 7:59 PM) Reply
SIXTY--count them--60 comments!!! Must be a record. And for good reason. You are going to be the most gorgeous girl in the most gorgeous dress at the prom, or any prom, for that matter!!! So good to see one of your reviews again!! That dress is SO amazing!!!!
pakrk said... (2/24/11 6:32 PM) Reply
Congratulations! Beautiful girl & dress!
Karendee said... (2/24/11 5:26 PM) Reply
Megan, you will be the queen of the prom in your amazing dress. You just look beautiful in your prom creation with your perfect figure, face, and spirit. I also am a lover of large earring. Enjoy your jewelry and shoes; all are perfect!
Paris75008 said... (2/24/11 4:28 PM) Reply
It's absolutely beautiful! I loved flipping through all your pictures. Your sewing is just perfect and so is the 'pouf'! You belong on the cover of a glossy magazine. Your dress is more beautiful than many designer creations you see on the red carpet!
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/24/11 4:04 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The fabric, the jewelry, THE SHOES! Everything goes together so well - have a wonderful time at your prom and add some pictures for all of us to see :)
Julia Bobbin said... (2/24/11 3:57 PM) Reply
look how itsy bitsy your waist is! Fantastic fit!
Leora said... (2/24/11 3:21 PM) Reply
Perfection!!
SueV said... (2/24/11 12:18 PM) Reply
Love it! Spectacular! Great job!
Judy Kski said... (2/24/11 11:14 AM) Reply
All I can say is WOW!!!!!
waltzqueen said... (2/24/11 10:33 AM) Reply
You are going to get SO many compliments for this fabulous, luscious, sexy and totally gorgeous dress, with the perfect shoes. You look amazing in it with you lovely figure. YOU WILL BE THE BELLE OF THE BALL! Have fun!!!!
Nancy K said... (2/24/11 9:44 AM) Reply
I too have missed your sewing reviews. It's gorgeous and gorgeous on you. Perfect!
cleverkitty said... (2/24/11 9:20 AM) Reply
STUNNING!!! you have the figure to pull this off not anyone can wear this. You should be on the pattern envelope :)
Barbara V said... (2/24/11 9:16 AM) Reply
You look so beautiful in your lovely dress. I loved looking through all of your pictures that show your fine workmanship and how perfectly your dress fits. Your entire ensemble is fabulous. You must be an incredible inspiration to your peers in being so energetic and organized to include sewing your prom dress among all of your activities. Way to go!
Kim12469 said... (2/24/11 8:57 AM) Reply
Wow! I'm speechless...You look like you belong on the red carpet!
betty bushwacker said... (2/24/11 8:54 AM) Reply
GASP! Meggie, you're an absolute vision in that gorgeous dress. The whole look is TDF!! I hope you have a wonderful time at your prom
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/24/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Tres belle!!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/24/11 8:11 AM) Reply
What an absolutely *amazing* dress Meggie!!!! And to think you made it yourself must be icing on the cake for you. Your sewing is so awesome - look how much you've grown in your sewing ability in only a few short years. And those shoes are so fabulous - you're going to be the best dressed gal that the prom. Hurry up April! :-)
DaisyEsq said... (2/24/11 7:37 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Sharon1952 said... (2/24/11 7:17 AM) Reply
Very flattering style and color. You did a superb job!
Catbird said... (2/24/11 7:11 AM) Reply
Well, I hope they have a red carpet entrance at your prom because this dress is red carpet-worthy! All that work you put into planning and fitting paid off in this gorgeous, one-of-a-kind dress. I agree with Annette that you need a pretty cotton one for summer! :-) I love the perfect pouf at the hem and also love the ties you added. The perfect touch. It's beautiful, Meggie. Don't forget to update this review with pictures from prom night!
Lori V said... (2/24/11 7:00 AM) Reply
Amazing dress, you look so stunning. It was so fun to read one of your reviews again, missed all you sewing.
Kat B. said... (2/24/11 6:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! You will look fantastic for your prom!
squirrellypoo said... (2/24/11 5:26 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous and done in plenty of time!! I'm impressed at your time management- I was still sewing my gown the week before my wedding! Glad to see you back again, too!
Peggy L said... (2/24/11 4:26 AM) Reply
It turned out beautifully:) You should be very proud. Have a wonderful time at prom in this special dress.
Aroura said... (2/24/11 3:30 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, that is just gorgeous! There aren't words, it's just...awesome!
arianamaniacs said... (2/24/11 2:34 AM) Reply
I thought you might be back around prom time ;) you look so darling!!!
talesofawannabe said... (2/24/11 1:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! The color if fabulous. :]
sewmytime said... (2/24/11 1:03 AM) Reply
Outstanding workmanship! Beautiful dress
Annette1 said... (2/24/11 0:55 AM) Reply
Oh, I forgot: I like the ties that you added! Now why don't you whip out a nice cotton one for summer? Heh-heh-heh.
Annette1 said... (2/24/11 0:54 AM) Reply
AWESOME 'POSSUM!!! You are going to be the BELLE OF THE BALL, without a doubt, in this beautiful dress. I've never SEEN a prettier girl! :o) And those SHOES ... I LOVE THEM! COME ON, APRIL!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE! :o))
Lisa Laree said... (2/24/11 0:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful! How cool...and there will be NO one else wearing YOUR dress!
JenniferMM said... (2/24/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Wow! The dress looks fantastic! I love this pattern but would have no occasion to wear such a glamorous dress. Have fun at prom! You're sure to have the best dress!
SewWil said... (2/24/11 0:07 AM) Reply
WOW!!! Your dress is stunning. Great fit and color. You look beautiful. I love your shoes.
Christas said... (2/23/11 11:44 PM) Reply
Meggie, I am so proud of you! Your dress is so pretty and you look beautiful wearing your lovely creation! ~ Mom
Vonnevo said... (2/23/11 11:42 PM) Reply
Oh, s-oooo gorgeous Meggie !!!! Your complete look is stunning and beautiful ! Congratulations :)
Sweetheart3 said... (2/23/11 11:27 PM) Reply
Adorable prom dress! Love the shoes too. You will be the belle of the ball.
FreyaStark said... (2/23/11 11:20 PM) Reply
A gorgeous dress. Well done.
gooner said... (2/23/11 11:19 PM) Reply
That's simply a beautiful dress and a fantastic fit.
kwpanthermom said... (2/23/11 11:17 PM) Reply
Oh this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the whole outfit, and you did a fabulous job on the dress! Just stunning!
frame said... (2/23/11 11:16 PM) Reply
You look absolutely beautiful! Great job on your dress.
Kathy in NM said... (2/23/11 11:16 PM) Reply
Amazing Dress! What a beautiful dress, great color for you and it fits perfectly!!! I like your bling accessories also - the earrings really are the icing on the cake. Have a wonderful time wearing it at Prom!
Raye Ann said... (2/23/11 11:00 PM) Reply
Congratulations on making a killer prom dress! It looks fantastic on you, and it's so nice to *see* you again:)
Ericaeli said... (2/23/11 10:50 PM) Reply
You have made a beautiful prom dress that looks stunning on you!
Riordan said... (2/23/11 10:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful--you and the dress!! What a lovely gown.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/23/11 10:44 PM) Reply
I am in awe! The dress is absolutely gorgeous! It fits you beautifully and looks stunning on you. Excellent job!
Christas said... (1/27/11 4:37 PM) Reply
It's so nice to see you sewing! I love the fabric and know the dress will be gorgeous. :-)
Barbara V said... (1/27/11 0:26 AM) Reply
This is going to be so beautiful! I envision you having wonderful experiences with all stages of your project. I sewed my own formal dresses throughout highschool and reading your enthusiastic review brings back sweet memories of similar for me :-)
cleverkitty said... (1/26/11 9:31 AM) Reply
I hear you, me too it's been too long since I posted a review except I have been sewing, no excuse for me. I love the fabric, pattern and the earrings. I will be on the look out for your review :)
ChristineBR said... (1/26/11 7:32 AM) Reply
I had been wondering where you were and hoped nothing was wrong. Looking forward to the prom dress saga.
Aroura said... (1/26/11 1:33 AM) Reply
Wow, this sounds like it will be gorgeous. That color is one of my very favorites. I am really looking forward to reading the finished review!
Annette1 said... (1/26/11 0:51 AM) Reply
YEAH, as Sharon says, IT ALL STARTED WHEN YOU GOT YOUR CAR! If you'd give ME your car, then you can start sewing again, guns a'blazin'! :o) I can't WAIT to see your dress -- YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/25/11 11:24 PM) Reply
And you're lucky, too!! There are seven (7) other reviews of this dress to get pointers from ;) Looking forward to seeing the finished project. ;)
dfr2010 said... (1/25/11 10:01 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric, classic pattern - this should turn out great!
glenj said... (1/25/11 7:52 PM) Reply
I LLOOOOVVE the teal fabric,the pattern style is wonderful.The dress when finished will look gorgeous and be a show stopper, so will only need the earings,an upstyle,stillettos and a manicure(maybe a sparkley pin or 5 in the upstyle)Can't wait to see it finished.
MelissaB in WA said... (1/25/11 7:27 PM) Reply
That is going to be so gorgeous - I can't wait to see it!!!!
no7262 said... (1/25/11 7:15 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see it! You are going to look beautiful! Nora :)
Pamaro said... (1/25/11 6:56 PM) Reply
Omigosh, how very 'trendy' of you to use a 'vintage' - inspired pattern. I love it! The color of your fabric is simply divine! I have missed your posts and I will be following your progress on this one. Have fun with your prom creation my young friend, and enjoy your teenage years! :)
Karen Easter said... (1/25/11 6:44 PM) Reply
Looks like this is going to be fabulous!
ssssdeb said... (1/25/11 6:29 PM) Reply
You go! It will be stunning I'm sure. Don't rush and love every minute of the creation. Looking forward to seeing the dress.
fourkid said... (1/25/11 6:18 PM) Reply
I was just thinking of you today and that I missed all the wonderful projects you have done ~ so glad you will share your prom dress with us!
Sharon1952 said... (1/25/11 6:04 PM) Reply
I've missed reading your reviews. Don't stay gone so long- it all started when you got your car! Keep sewing. :)

Merchant & Mills Top 64