Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2011-107 (Gathered-Shoulder Blouse)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:1/28/11 10:23 PM
Last Updated:1/28/11 11:54 PM
3HoursPast said... (4/22/11 5:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I agree with you- this blouse isn't eye-catching in the magazine at all. When a student of mine came in working on this pattern my jaw hit the floor cause it's such a nice little blouse pattern. She had some issues with the blouse, I wasn't sure if it was her inexperience with Burda, or a flaw in the pattern. Now that I read your review, I'm off to make this up in my own Liberty cotton!
Kayseri said... (1/30/11 2:49 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. I can see you watching the forecast for warmer weather.
Paris75008 said... (1/29/11 5:33 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty. I love the contrasting placket / collar band. Roll on spring!
style inspired said... (1/29/11 3:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review. Your version is very pretty. This is my favorite pattern from this issue.
berescga said... (1/29/11 2:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I especially love the fabric. Thanks for the review - this is fairly high on my to sew list, and I'm glad to see it looks as great as I expected when sewn up.
Karine said... (1/29/11 1:54 PM) Reply
I immediately loved your blouse when I saw your photo. Perfect fabric, and the solid color placket/collar band is such a nice touch. I'm intrigued with the Burda collar treatment and will have to try it. Thanks for the tip on the yoke - your treatment makes for a much nicer garment.
michellep74 said... (1/29/11 12:32 PM) Reply
Cute blouse--I liked this in the magazine, so it's great to see it made up and read your review!
SewWil said... (1/29/11 11:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Thanks for the detailed review.
anya01 said... (1/29/11 11:27 AM) Reply
What a pretty blouse. I just bought the January burda magazine, and the blouse caught my eye - but the photo didn't really show it off very well. Thank you for the detailed description; I feel more encouraged to give it a try now.
Rhoda K said... (1/29/11 9:42 AM) Reply
Very nice and love the style. Pleated front, no FBA = a good thing ;-)
sewpatty said... (1/29/11 9:23 AM) Reply
Ooo. Very nice. Thank you for this review. I am motivated to make this one too. Nice job.
MNBarb said... (1/29/11 8:17 AM) Reply
I love this blouse. I've done a Burda collar like this and am sold on the method. This pattern has so many nice extras and your methods and the green contrast make this a beautiful garment.
dbsewer said... (1/29/11 8:15 AM) Reply
This is such a cute blouse. I love the fabric. Thanks for an excellent and detailed review - the touch with the olive green inside placket and collar makes this shirt really stand out.
FreyaStark said... (1/29/11 3:20 AM) Reply
A lovely distinctive blouse.
Christas said... (1/29/11 2:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! It would have been perfect for the 75 degree weather we had today. It made nice teaser for spring, but snow is on the way in a few days. Like you, I am so ready to sew for spring. Your blouse will be so perfect for the warmer weather when it gets here! :-)
Karen6790 said... (1/28/11 11:57 PM) Reply
Izzie, I said 44 because I apparently can't type straight tonight. I changed it to 40, thanks for catching that.
Izzie said... (1/28/11 11:50 PM) Reply
Sweet blouse! Question about the sizing...you say you wear a 40 in wovens, but made a 44, why? Is it very close fitting? Thanks for the review.
Dee2 said... (1/28/11 10:35 PM) Reply
I noticed this pattern right away & am so glad to see it made up. Your shirt is really beautiful, hope the weather warms up for you to wear it!

Lutterloh 2005-14