Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2320 (Women's Jeans Jacket)

Reviewed by:BettyMike

About BettyMikestar
Member since: 2/12/04
Posted on:2/8/11 5:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
radollrose said... (4/10/11 7:45 PM) Reply
I was also looking for something other than the Kwik Sew jean jacket. Yours turned out so beautiful, I'm going to have to give it a try. I especially love the detail on the pocket-too cute!
Sherril Miller said... (2/11/11 2:32 PM) Reply
It's great. Very RTW.
Carol Mendoza said... (2/10/11 1:14 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love it.
BettyMike said... (2/9/11 11:45 PM) Reply
Leslie--the jalie has the welt pockets, and I like the way the front facing is enclosed in the collar. The fit was so much better for me on the jalie. I'm sure I could have messed more with the KS to get a better fit, but really wanted to try a different pattern. My KS has found a home with my sister, it fits her better, and she was thrilled to get it!
blue mooney said... (2/9/11 8:47 PM) Reply
VERY nice! Love the surprise inside the pocket. Like you say, it looks very RTW.
JEF said... (2/9/11 3:06 PM) Reply
Really nice!
Christas said... (2/9/11 2:39 PM) Reply
What a fantastic jean jacket! I love the surprise lining!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/9/11 2:09 PM) Reply
Love it!! How does this pattern differ from the KS one?
Diane333 said... (2/9/11 10:03 AM) Reply
Really love your jacket. Looks so well made.
Peggy L said... (2/9/11 8:12 AM) Reply
Wow!!!! It looks fabulous. I love your little surprise linings. I knew I bought that pattern for a reason:)
becca a said... (2/8/11 7:41 PM) Reply
This jacket looks totally RTW. This was the first Jalie pattern I bought. I will have to actually sew it up.
MNBarb said... (2/8/11 7:05 PM) Reply
Oh yeah! Well worth the time it took to make the muslin. This really is a great pattern and I love your surprise pocket linings. There is just something very satisfying about making a garment with all of the neatly done topstitching and yours is perfect. Congrats on a project very nicely done. Now I'm thinking about corduroy (like yours with a contrast fabric for the indercollar) or a lighterweight version for spring in linen.
EleanorSews said... (2/8/11 6:54 PM) Reply
What a beautifully made jacket! The photo tells all. Looks like you have found your TNT denim jacket pattern.
VtMartha said... (2/8/11 6:49 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! The pattern is now available for download from the Jalie site. I'm looking forward to making one too.
Red Curtain said... (2/8/11 6:38 PM) Reply
This jacket is so well constructed and looks totally rtw. Your review is very helpful. I think I'll have to try a Jalie pattern!

by: CissieW

J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt Pattern

J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt Pattern

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)