Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2998 (Close Fitting Pants)

Reviewed by:Katharine in BXL

About Katharine in BXLstar
Member since: 8/1/03
Posted on:7/14/04 5:11 PM
Last Updated:10/17/04 0:10 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

JDpenelope said... (11/7/06 8:07 AM) Reply
Katharine, Thanks for this in-depth review; it is particularly helpful, since our figures are similar. I'm making a muslin right now for my first pair of pants, using Easy Guide to Sewing Pants for fitting instructions. This muslin will be used in a pants fitting class with Cynthia Guffey at Expo. Thanks for the idea to put the zipper in the back or front, to help with fitting issues! Great tip. The altered muslin fits so well that I might go ahead and sew up some pants before taking the fitting class! Your review gives me courage!
Hilary said... (10/18/04 11:23 AM) Reply
Very nice-I have to get my copy of this out and whip some up :o) Yours are really cute!
els said... (10/17/04 5:05 PM) Reply
Thanks Katharine for fixing the link.Another great pant.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/17/04 2:32 AM) Reply
Els, I think it's fixed now! Thanks for letting me know. I put it up late at night. :)
els said... (10/16/04 11:14 AM) Reply
Katharine the update link does not work.
cynthia w said... (8/4/04 8:59 PM) Reply
love the chocolate color. beautiful. i have made these twice and LOVE the pattern as much as everyone else.
Tini said... (7/16/04 1:01 AM) Reply
about the rings.... what about to insert the strings to attach the rings at the hem/ sideseams, so that the ring is at the hem of the leg??
Katharine in BXL said... (7/15/04 5:40 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Deepika, I will try NM pants, right after I do one of their skirts (which is to die for!) :)
els said... (7/15/04 1:22 PM) Reply
Great pants Katherine,the color is very nice on you.
Deepika said... (7/15/04 9:35 AM) Reply
Very nice pants Katharine. This is my favorite pattern too! And I agree, burda makes the best pants pattern, but you should try Neue Mode too. The pant which fits me the best is Neue Mode.
SandraB said... (7/15/04 9:27 AM) Reply
Very nice Katharine. This too is my favourite pants pattern.
Asa Hagstrom said... (7/15/04 3:12 AM) Reply
Wow Kat, you've been hard at work! I can imagine that color would be very good with your hair. Too bad the ring thing didn't work out, but maybe you can use it for something else?
Katharine in BXL said... (7/15/04 2:40 AM) Reply
Meredith, you go girl. These look good! Steph, don't you love Burda pants? Annika, glad you approve of the ring-less version. They are groovy fun! Tini--jeans? I'm impressed! Levone, when I tucked under the waist on the fabric I had to slightly let out the waist so the darts didn't pull in and make a bump on the side from the reduction of width. Easier to do this in tissue by trueing the dart: fold out the length desired. Take a straightedge and line up the seamline (5/8"/1.5cm from top) and the end of the dart, then redraw the dart leg. Always sew darts straight through the seam allowance, then begin the angled seam below. This prevents dents in the waist.
Tini said... (7/15/04 1:01 AM) Reply
coool! I really like those pants/trousers or what you call them ( I'm still not sure, what to say ). I hope, I have the same good results with my jeans in progress....
Levone said... (7/14/04 9:20 PM) Reply
Nice looking pants and helpful review. Since you shortened the waist, did you have to do anything with the darts? I have a new look pattern that I wanted to shorten the waistline on, but I'm unsure of how to do this since it has front darts.
Annika said... (7/14/04 8:12 PM) Reply
Groovy, Baby! I agree with you Burda makes good pants patterns. You look faaaabulous!
Elemenopeo said... (7/14/04 6:59 PM) Reply
Those look great. I too love Burda pants.
Meredith P said... (7/14/04 6:08 PM) Reply
Great looking pants. Thanks for the helpful review. I've been hesitant to try fitted pants, not being a willowy teen myself, but may have to try some.

Self Drafted Pattern 0000