Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6152 (Infants' Tops, Dresses, Panties and Pants)

Reviewed by:gooner

About goonerstar
WI USA
Member since: 10/8/09
Posted on:3/7/11 9:34 PM

See other patterns in this category: Toddlers
SandyinMO said... (10/19/11 8:42 AM) Reply
I also got this pattern for .99. I thought it was a wrap top when I bought it. I'm getting ready to make it for my granddaughter and am glad to hear that you successfully made it into one. I'm planning on using flannel with knit rib around the neckline.
gooner said... (3/12/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Thank you, ladies! Moushka, the pattern is apparently for either, and the model picture shows a knit on the upper portion and a printed contrast woven on the lower part, so perhaps that's part of it. For a $.99 pattern, I guess I'm happy to have the basic pieces and make my adjustments from there :)
moushka said... (3/8/11 12:35 PM) Reply
Talk about making lemonade out of a lemon! Adorable top and your changes make it very RTW. Was the pattern drafted for a woven? I don't know why Simplicity, McCall's, et al, allow so much ease in children's wear, or why they would suggest buttons for a knit top, but you overcame the problems nicely.
cleverkitty said... (3/8/11 8:33 AM) Reply
This is so cute and the fabric looks wonderful, I have to check out fabric.com I don't like facings on knits either, good job with your changes

by: sassykat