Pattern Reviews> Au Bonheur des Petites Mains> 60005 (T-Shirt effet asymmetrique)

Reviewed by:pterion

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Sew4Fun said... (5/22/11 1:02 AM) Reply
Wonderful tee! It looks like a lot of the tees I see in the boutique shops here. Great review too, thanks!
jso4fun said... (3/11/11 0:56 AM) Reply
P.S. It looks great on you! I hope you wear it a lot and get great comments. And then get inspired to make more of them!
jso4fun said... (3/11/11 0:55 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for making and reviewing this pattern! I've had my eye on it for quite a while now; maybe your review and fabulous results will push me over the edge to finally order it.
JETrinity said... (3/8/11 12:33 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. It is so cute.
nicegirl said... (3/8/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Cool t-shirt! It is rather avant garde, but you are wearing it well. I like the color contrast and the decorative stitch on the front. This is one of those things you just have to put on and walk out the door before you can reconsider.
pegsewer said... (3/8/11 11:27 AM) Reply
Yeah for you for trying Au Bonheur! Your write-up was great and I think the top looks wonderful on you! Of course I love the funky decontructed look any time but you definitely have the body and style to carry this off! Good for you for going outside of your comfort zone a little and hope you will try some more of these patterns.
sfshaza said... (3/8/11 5:43 AM) Reply
Oh, Pterion, this top is SO CUTE on you!!! I understand that it challenges your aesthetic, but I would recommend wearing it for awhile and see how you feel and whether you like the comments it provokes. I agree that I don't like sloppy either, so you can certainly modify techniques to achieve the result that you are more comfortable with. I am not a huge fan of the raw hem either, if it looks too unsupported. My polka dot coat did have some raw edges and those don't bother me so much, due to the fabric. Anyway, I love this top on you! Thanks for sharing your review!! (And I'm very excited to see more people posting reviews on these great patterns. I petitioned for Deepika to add this pattern line more than a year ago, but it's picked up steam since Peggy started posting her delightful reviews. :) )
sewinfrance said... (3/8/11 3:49 AM) Reply
Nice t-shirt Pterion, thanks for the review. I also got hooked to these patterns from the other reviews, it's fun to sew a bit differently. I have yet to sew their patterns, I started with a skirt, but ended up making it differently (bad fabric choice on my part), but I'm going to give it another go.
sewinfrance said... (3/8/11 3:46 AM) Reply
Here's their website (all in French): http://www.patron-de-couture.fr. It's easy to navigate in the patterns ("patron"). The pattern descriptions are succinct, there is a photo and a line drawing; unfortunately certain details aren't always easy to establish--lined or not, hem finished or not....but their patterns are fun. I ordered 3 via the website and received them fine. On their website there's no mention of pattern resellers, I think you have to order via the website. I also posted an email to them and received a reply. Good luck.
Charrlie said... (3/8/11 0:07 AM) Reply
Where can you get these patterns?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS