Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2209

Last Updated:3/9/11 5:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
lacroise1 said... (3/14/11 5:53 PM) Reply
I love your dress... I want to sew this pattern.. When I first saw this pattern at the store... the styling was so meh on the cover, I didn't think it would turn out so darn cute. Thanks for your review.
MerryDay said... (3/11/11 1:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone! Glad the review was helpful!

Christas, I honestly didn't find that the pattern was small, though I'd heard that as well. I would say that the pattern was more typical of RTW garments, however - there's just less ease in the design and the end result fits a little closer to the body. I went with the same size I always do with Simplicity patterns and it worked perfectly - better fitting than most, actually. Good luck with your own version and extra thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

Christas said... (3/11/11 10:51 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review! I actually purchased all four of the new Lisette patterns at the Jo-Ann's sale yesterday. Your dress turned out so nice. I enjoyed your blog too and have bookmarked it. How did you find the sizing? I had heard that they run much smaller than Simplicity normally runs.
cabrewer82 said... (3/10/11 9:52 AM) Reply
Stunning dress! I love you use of colors and this is definitely your most flattering piece! I was also happy to see the white/navy pique used! Great job!
becca a said... (3/10/11 8:03 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! Lucky you to have a source of pique prints and colors. I have been curious about the Lisette line of patterns; thanks for the excellent review.
Paris75008 said... (3/10/11 4:23 AM) Reply
That's a really cute dress. I love your fabric choices. You should be on the cover of the Simplicity pattern instead of the awful fabrics they choose. I glossed over this pattern because they manage to make the cutest styles look horrible. I guess I should look at the line drawings!
Knitters Delight said... (3/9/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. I love the styling too.
sewtime said... (3/9/11 7:31 PM) Reply
Pretty, love the fabric and looks great on!!
SewWil said... (3/9/11 2:29 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt!
Red Curtain said... (3/9/11 12:43 PM) Reply
You have made me want to sew this pattern too! It is such a great looking dress on you. I love the unique cross darting on the front and the pique. Thanks for the fantastic review.
lakaribane said... (3/9/11 7:29 AM) Reply
Seriously cute! I"m just dying for piqué prints but can't find them locally! Thanks for the review, love the dress and the styling. I do believe you are right, this dress has great TNT potential!

by: kidmd