Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2674 (5 easy pieces)

Reviewed by:JoleneF

About JoleneFstar
IA USA
Member since: 1/26/04
Posted on:7/22/04 2:15 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

D1Diva said... (7/23/04 9:27 AM) Reply
I think a much smaller print would work okay. The large flowers in this print are all chopped up by the seams and could be why you don't like it.
AnneM said... (7/23/04 7:06 AM) Reply
Too bad that didn't work for you, although that is a tough style for a lot of body types. Thanks for the review!
MsConnie said... (7/22/04 10:47 PM) Reply
Is there enough fabric in that skirt for you to make a tank top? It would be pretty for something like that.
Diana M said... (7/22/04 3:08 PM) Reply
Too bad about the skirt :-( But if everything else works so well, I don't know why you can't still use the pattern for the contest -- I don't think we have to sew everything in the envelope, do we?
Hilary said... (7/22/04 2:34 PM) Reply
That's too bad about the skirt! Your other pieces came out beautifully. I feel the same way about prints, especially on my bottom half :oP I like them but they don't do a thing for me. Maybe it would work in a very drapey rayon (longer) in a darker color like navy or something tone on tone, or even a smaller, less obvious print. I don't know if its worth it to you or not, but sometimes fabric choice can make a HUGE difference- and sometimes silkies are a little less than drapey even though they're soft. Does that make sense? LOL I bet the dress would be pretty w/ that lovely jacket, too.
PattiA said... (7/22/04 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about the skirt. I own this pattern, which I bought for the pants, but when I look at the lines of this skirt (the length plus the fullness and flare) I'm not sure it would be flattering to very many 'real people' bodies.

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress