Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7912 (casual pants)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/24/04 7:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
ccdcar said... (7/31/05 5:25 PM) Reply
Hey---just caught this review--I love those pants on you!!!!!
Katharine in BXL said... (7/31/04 6:20 AM) Reply
Everyone said what I wanted to say already, but to add--I like the notched hem. Gives it a twist without limiting versatility. IMO they make the style more flattering (good for us shorties). :) Thanks for letting us see your pic and the real you. Always nice to put a face with a name.
Elemenopeo said... (7/26/04 8:56 PM) Reply
I usually avoid anything labeled wide-legged (I'm about the same height as you are) but these are great on you.
Skymom said... (7/26/04 8:40 AM) Reply
You look terrific in these pants--they really are great on your petite frame. Thanks for you insight into fitting the lowered waist styles (no ease for the top 4 inches). I'm always afraid to fit them that extremely, but I think you've nailed it--even an inch or 2 of ease can be too much.
drsue said... (7/25/04 8:13 PM) Reply
Wow! after all those positive comments, I'm definetly making them again. I've been wearing them today and it's been very hot. They've kept my legs quite cool and comfortable.
Danvillegirl said... (7/25/04 4:16 PM) Reply
Like many other comments, these are great pants on you and I like very much. Never tried linen hemp, but sounds like a good choice for these pants.
CarolynGM said... (7/25/04 4:01 PM) Reply
Very nice looking pants, drsue. I also think they are flattering for your figure.
sailonsilvergirl said... (7/25/04 12:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the details in this review! I've had the layout for these pants on the living room floor for a few days, contemplating them. Your comments make me realize I'll feel more comfortable doing a muslin first to be sure fit is OK. Looking forward to making them! I'm using a lightweight black wool.
SewTabby said... (7/25/04 11:04 AM) Reply
Super pants--always love your pattern choices and these pants are no exception!
cindyann said... (7/25/04 10:32 AM) Reply
I love you pants and I think this style is great on you. Wonderful. This is an interesting pattern!
PixieCat said... (7/25/04 5:28 AM) Reply
Great pants. And they fit you so well. The sash is a nice touch too.
valerie sews said... (7/25/04 3:48 AM) Reply
Great pants froma nice pattern - I'll be buying this one.
Debbie Cook said... (7/24/04 11:39 PM) Reply
Nice looking, fitting pants and the color is one of my favorites.
TanyaMT said... (7/24/04 11:37 PM) Reply
Very nice pants. They look wonderful on you.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/24/04 11:21 PM) Reply
Boy, these look sharp! Love the scarf belt, too!
PVA said... (7/24/04 10:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. The pants are great, and the sash really gives just the right touch. Nice look!
candyo said... (7/24/04 9:59 PM) Reply
I'd overlooked this pattern- a big mistake on my part, I see!
joan said... (7/24/04 8:44 PM) Reply
Great pants and you did a good job on the fit. That is one of my favorite colors, and it looks wonderful with your coloring.
Lori V said... (7/24/04 8:23 PM) Reply
those pants are great - thanks for the review and the heads-up on this pattern. Adding it to my list.
PattyU said... (7/24/04 8:09 PM) Reply
Your pants look really great on you. I like your pockets. I think they look fine on your figure.
Diana M said... (7/24/04 8:07 PM) Reply
Great looking pants AND the sash is perfect! Thank you for the detailed review and the heads up about fitting the new waistbands.
Levone said... (7/24/04 7:55 PM) Reply
I love your pants. They look good on you.
Hilary said... (7/24/04 7:54 PM) Reply
Very nice pants! I think they look great on you. I think the cargo pocket looks fine from what I can see, and making it smaller and without interfacing keeps it from overpowering your stature. They look very proportional. Thanks for the review! I would love to try some linen/hemp blend fabrics, I bet they'd be cool here in South TX too.
MadMenFanlinda said... (7/24/04 7:23 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! Linen-hemp sounds like a great combination. Color is good too.
ConnieBJ said... (7/24/04 7:12 PM) Reply
those are yummy pants! I love the sash too- Haven't noticed this pattern - I will have to look more closely at it.

By Hand London Elisalex Dress