Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5978 (Misses' Cardigan and Top)

Reviewed by:Aroura

About Arourastarstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:3/28/11 9:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
SexiSadi said... (3/29/11 10:14 PM) Reply
Your cardi looks very nice on you, and I think leaving it un-embellished was a good call.
JillyBe said... (3/29/11 4:28 PM) Reply
I love the clean, elegant lines - looks great!
Sheila457 said... (3/29/11 1:14 PM) Reply
I've made this twinset and actually like that yours look more like suit jacket than cardi... it looks great on you.
JETrinity said... (3/29/11 12:16 PM) Reply
Another wanna sew pattern for me. Love your insights into the pattern. White on white is okay. But do not do black on black. OMG.
MamaSewing said... (3/29/11 10:09 AM) Reply
I like the look of the cardigan, it can be dressy or casual depending on what else you are wearing. White is always a perfect choice!
newmama said... (3/29/11 3:49 AM) Reply
I love your new top! It does have a formal look to it, but in a good way. Did you get your hair cut? It looks very nice :)
LynneMR said... (3/29/11 3:41 AM) Reply
Your cardigan is so pretty and a great fit on you.
Terri A said... (3/29/11 2:46 AM) Reply
Oooooohhh, I like the beautiful fabric - that looks so nice on you!
arianamaniacs said... (3/29/11 2:39 AM) Reply
The lines on this are really nice. It would easy to size it up without tracing though. Since the shoulders fit already, you just need to add some more width to the CF and CB if there is one (not side seams though b/c that would affect the sleeves)
SewWil said... (3/29/11 1:14 AM) Reply
Very nice cardigan and top. Thank you for the detailed review.
Christas said... (3/28/11 11:24 PM) Reply
Your cardigan and top look so nice on you! Thank you so much for the information on the ease in this pattern.
barebear said... (3/28/11 11:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the facing. I find they are hit and miss, and appreciate others input on it. I've had this pattern forever, but never got around to making it. I like the more formal look to it, and it may be nice as an office cardi. Thanks for the great review!
cleverkitty said... (3/28/11 9:52 PM) Reply
this looks very nice on you, I made this pattern too and did not like the facings, next time I was going to bind them with the same fabric all around the front edge and back neck. The facing was bulky. My fit was good I better stop here before I do a review, I never got around to posting it, thanks for the review

by: petro