Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1213 (designed by Koos van den Akker)

Reviewed by:Barbi 29

About Barbi 29
NY USA
Member since: 3/27/11
Posted on:3/28/11 4:36 AM
Last Updated:3/28/11 1:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
B Squared said... (5/5/11 4:56 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful coat! I love all the colors and fabrics you used and all the details. Lovely!!
Twin2th said... (4/16/11 0:34 AM) Reply
Barbi, I know better than anyone how true these comments are; your eye for colors and detail along with your determination and exceptional sewing skills assure that all of your projects result in perfection! Thank you for assisting me in selecting the fabrics for my own (very different colored fabrics!)Vogue 1213 coat. Now, all I need is your expert help in sewing it so I can have a perfect coat, too. Love you!- Cheryl (Barbi's identical twin;-))
Mufffet said... (4/15/11 4:55 PM) Reply
Very impressive coat...love your sense of style.
Miss Fairchild said... (4/15/11 4:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! I love the colors you chose. What was the fabric type for your lining? Silk? Cotton? I've been thinking of making a multi-colored coat for some time, and this might be the impetus to get me started. Thank you!
hmacski said... (3/29/11 7:17 AM) Reply
Excellent review and I LOVE your beautiful coat. I'll bet you gets tons of compliments on it. Helen M
taylormade said... (3/29/11 2:11 AM) Reply
I ove yur coat! Am ging to take aclass with koos later in thr fall and am seriously considering makng ths coat! So thanks for the review.
DorothyK said... (3/29/11 0:38 AM) Reply
I love your version of the coat - your choice of fabrics, your buttons, the lining, and your label. You will get many compliments every time you wear it. Congratulations on your first review.
papago said... (3/28/11 11:51 PM) Reply
I LOVE, LOVE LOVE your coat! Fantastic job! Just beautiful. Congratulations!!!
sfshaza said... (3/28/11 10:18 PM) Reply
What a great combination of fabrics. I love your version! I particularly love that textured brown fabric and your wonderful buttons!!
cleverkitty said... (3/28/11 9:18 PM) Reply
Really fabulous coat, you put a lot of work into it and it shows. What an accomplishment, your quilting experience gave you confidence to combine fabrics.
mm said... (3/28/11 6:19 PM) Reply
What a fabulous coat. I am stunned. It would almost be worth living in a cold climate to own a coat like that.
sewpatty said... (3/28/11 5:05 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful coat of many colors! Great job.
Barbara V said... (3/28/11 4:31 PM) Reply
Wow - a really fabulous coat in gorgeous fabrics and colors. Your personalized details make it very special. Great review as well - welcome to Pattern Review and congratulations on posting your first review!
persevering said... (3/28/11 2:40 PM) Reply
Wow! Your wearable art is awesome!!
Ann Smith said... (3/28/11 2:39 PM) Reply
A wonderful coat. I especially love your lining and label. Such great added touches to a brilliant coat.
Lunar_C said... (3/28/11 6:34 AM) Reply
I love your coat. I've been tempted by this pattern and the more I see it made with different fabrics the more I want it. Thanks for your review.

You Sew Girl Beret Pattern