Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4517

Member since: 11/25/03
Posted on:7/28/04 4:14 PM

Other Projects by Elaine Penney using this Pattern

Elaine Penney said... (8/15/04 8:57 AM) Reply
Sherril - that was my first attempt, obviously the simplest method. However, with the rayon/lycra being quite slippery, I just wasn't able to make the elastic follow the seam line. The fabric kept sliding from one side or the other. Thus, the gyrations. Have you made this top? I hesitated because I thought it would not be age appropriate, but I've received a lot of compliments on it. It turned out to be quite flattering on my "mature and almost, but not quite, plus" figure.
eleda said... (8/14/04 8:23 PM) Reply
Elaine your top looks really pretty. I have been procrastinating about making this top because the neckline looked low. But, seeing your finished version it is not too low.
Sherril Miller said... (8/14/04 7:08 PM) Reply
Elaine, I'm glad I didn't miss your review. What a flattering top. I've made this type and instead of the gathering I just used a piece of clear elastic the length I needed the gathers to wind up and stitched it to the seam. Gathers without the fuss and no fear of threads breaking.
Danvillegirl said... (7/29/04 5:55 PM) Reply
Glad you reviewed this pattern. I would have probably just passed over it because it looks like it is for the very young. But seeing it made up and worn by a more seasoned person like myself, I think I may have to give this further thought. Both versions of your top look very good on you but my favorite is the red, but then red is one of my favorite colors also.
Rebecca D said... (7/29/04 5:39 AM) Reply
Hey there Elaine, the top looks great. And so do you. I can tell you all that Elaine has a youthful aura about her and agree that this top suits her in all ways --Rebecca in TC
Schnauzer said... (7/28/04 10:10 PM) Reply
Elaine, Your top is really lovely. I agree with the other ladies. It suits you.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/28/04 6:32 PM) Reply
My first reaction was how youthful looking that top is. Bravo, I love it! Go ahead and get "carried away", it looks great on you!
alicia said... (7/28/04 5:51 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you.
Jennifer shaw said... (7/28/04 5:35 PM) Reply
Your top is so pretty on you. Thanks for the review.
Levone said... (7/28/04 4:49 PM) Reply