Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7545 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:7/30/04 9:28 PM

Neefer said... (8/9/04 10:39 AM) Reply
Very cute top. I didn't notice the vertical stripe until you pointed it out.
drsue said... (7/31/04 3:30 PM) Reply
Thaks for the compliments. I guess I'll stop being self consious about the white patch. For those interested in this pattern: you might try contacting Vogue to see if they have any leftovers. It's a fairly recent pattern. For those interested in this style, McCall's 4517 has an off-to-the side shirred V-neck tee (view E).
Teri said... (7/31/04 3:30 PM) Reply
Your top is so cute and it looks great with your skirt. Well done!
cindyann said... (7/31/04 11:50 AM) Reply
I love that top! Much better than "okay".
SewTabby said... (7/31/04 11:25 AM) Reply
Wow. That is a lovely top. As far as the print goes, the front looks beqautiful. It's a bold part of the print, and at first glance I thought that was how you had intended it all along.
mag said... (7/31/04 11:11 AM) Reply
That is a creative choice and it looks great with the denim skirt. I like the serged finish on the hem and sleeves too. Very nice job.
mudcat said... (7/31/04 10:48 AM) Reply
The top looks good on you. And, the print looks fine (I didn't notice the white patch even after you pointed it out).
AnneM said... (7/31/04 8:00 AM) Reply
Look OK? It looks fantastic! I'm tempted to get some fabric like that, despite it's dificulties. Great top. I just saw tops with this neckline (but solid colors) in the Isabella Bird catalog. (P.S. I bought that skirt pattern because of your review, although I haven't made it yet.)
Danvillegirl said... (7/31/04 7:46 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I want this pattern but unfortunately as you indicate it is out of print and I have not been lucky enough to find it in my size. I really like the look and glad you shared your problems with onionskin as Ihave some I want to make up but will keep in mind it might create some difficulty.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/31/04 7:41 AM) Reply
That's a lovely top! I didn't notice the white patch until you called it to my attention. It's not at all distracting. The fit and fabric are perfect!
Leslie in Austin said... (7/31/04 7:18 AM) Reply
I'm always impressed with the perfect fit you achieve, Sue.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/31/04 6:55 AM) Reply
Great review, pretty top!
Katharine in BXL said... (7/31/04 6:15 AM) Reply
Unintentional improvement: that CF stripe of color directs the eye toward your face. The serged hems are so RTW and cute. Onionskin may also resemble P. Hilton: has a tendency to be revealing. But your top isn't. Bravo!
jlg said... (7/31/04 5:26 AM) Reply
I wish this pattern was still available. It is great looking. I agree with you about onionskin. It is more trouble than it is worth; I much prefer buttermilk.
alicia said... (7/30/04 11:47 PM) Reply
It looks great and fits you so well. Nice work!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/30/04 11:36 PM) Reply
What a great looking top - oh to be that size again - hehehe
Levone said... (7/30/04 11:36 PM) Reply
Cute top and fabric!
Elona said... (7/30/04 10:58 PM) Reply
Terrific-looking top! I didn't notice the whitish patch, BTW, and would not have without its being pointed out. I think it's similar to when you've been writing a long paper or something, and all of a sudden the word "and" starts to look wrong to you, because you've been at it so long. A little perspective, or another reader, and presto--the word (or white patch) is fine.
Oziroo said... (7/30/04 10:52 PM) Reply
Looks great. Brilliantly rescued!
Sew it seams said... (7/30/04 10:38 PM) Reply
Very cute top! It looks great on you. I have some onionskin in my stash and every time I pick it up, I put it back down for "later". I've got a phobia after reading so many reviews about how difficult it is to work with. Your hems look great this way.

Patterns for Pirates Carefree Cardigan