Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB043HR (The Rainy Days Hooded Raincoat and Runabout Jacket)

Reviewed by:IZJ

About IZJstar
USA
Member since: 8/11/10
Posted on:4/6/11 3:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Cultured Purl said... (5/22/11 7:54 PM) Reply
SO cute! I love the colors you have chosen! I have been on the fence about this pattern, but will now give it a go and thanks for the heads up about sizing, just have to find the right lining material, Your coat will certainly brighten up a dreary rainy day! How fun!
IZJ said... (4/7/11 10:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments. Even though this runs small I can wear it comfortably. Have worn it several times in the past couple of months over a short sleeved shirt and it fit great. :)
linda 75142 said... (4/7/11 9:48 AM) Reply
So cute - I love hoods on coats! Sorry it ran so small - thanks for the review.
21wale said... (4/7/11 9:25 AM) Reply
Nicely done! I'm sure it'll be very useful.
margk said... (4/7/11 5:02 AM) Reply
Love love love this! The lining is gorgeous! Pity its not slippy enough. Beautiful work.
Scheri said... (4/7/11 1:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful..just beautiful
becca a said... (4/6/11 9:39 PM) Reply
What a cheerful raincoat! I love the color. You inspired me to add this pattern to my wish list.
Elemenopeo said... (4/6/11 8:04 PM) Reply
beautiful job - its a nice style
Kat B. said... (4/6/11 6:30 PM) Reply
I also found the arms to be snug. Luckily, I made a muslin and caught that in time. I made mine large enough to fit over a sweater. Now I want to make a slimmer summer one!
cleverkitty said... (4/6/11 6:20 PM) Reply
I just put this pattern on my wish list after seeing yours, Very nice coat you did a beautiful job sewing it.
Jacqui315 said... (4/6/11 6:19 PM) Reply
Very cute! You're right about this running small as mine is snug across my upper back.
mrsbewley said... (4/6/11 4:16 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the color and the lining. I've just cut this out, fortunately in one size larger than my usual. Thanks for the review!

Diana Magazine 12-2014-27