Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 125 (Huichol Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:4/7/11 11:02 PM

BobeeKay said... (7/30/14 7:41 PM) Reply
Folkwear now has that Mexican dress you want! It is Folkwear #142. I have carpal tunnel and don't have an embroidery machine, so I buy my Oaxacan dresses here: http://www.mexicanclothingco.com/Embroidered-Mexican-Dress-p/drsp-035.htm?1=1&CartID=0
JETrinity said... (4/8/11 7:07 PM) Reply
Oh, this looks so great on you with your hair color and red shoes.
Aixoise said... (4/8/11 12:40 PM) Reply
I like the look of this on you. Very becoming. And the fabric is really pretty. Make your husband some OP shorts so he'll look younger, too.
DorothyK said... (4/8/11 12:12 PM) Reply
Very pretty - great fabric. I remember those days too. I still have one dress hanging in my closet from that era. I can't bear to get rid of it.
Patti B said... (4/8/11 9:35 AM) Reply
I know just what dresses you were remembering! As I recall, they needed a gusset too. Sounds as if you had an interesting time sewing this. It's a great lightweight top for warm weather in that pretty fabric.
FreyaStark said... (4/8/11 5:06 AM) Reply
It's a cute top, even if the result isn't quite what you had in mind. You might like Folkwear's Roumanian peasant blouse (#103), which I'm working on at the moment. It has simpler sleeves and underarm gussets.

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Towne Purse Paper Pattern