Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0037 (Misses' Jeans)

Reviewed by:Oh2Sew2

About Oh2Sew2
Member since: 11/25/09

Posted on:5/7/11 10:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
wildberrymom said... (3/19/13 7:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful jeans with nice personal touches!
Oh2Sew2 said... (5/16/11 1:31 PM) Reply
1SewSweet, regarding your stretching question...a good weight of denim (10 to 12oz) will stretch just a limited amount through the day, but they do not continue to stretch as the day goes on...which is what I disliked about the stretch denim. Also, you do not have to every worry about too hot of water or dryer ruining your fabric by damaging the elastic fibers. It's a give and take, totally comes down to personal preference! BTW love how your jeans turned out for class!
1SewSweet said... (5/9/11 6:04 AM) Reply
Another great pair of jeans! I agree your fit is perfect! Question...the one pair of RTW non-stretch jeans I own lose their fit after wearing all day (they stretch out). Does yours do that?
appleton78 said... (5/8/11 10:30 PM) Reply
These look fantastic. I am going to try the hem slit next pair of jeans--nice touch. THX!!
becca a said... (5/8/11 12:24 PM) Reply
Great jeans! Thanks for the review. I will have to pull this pattern out of stash.
JEF said... (5/8/11 9:16 AM) Reply
Really nice looking jeans!!
FloraNature said... (5/8/11 6:24 AM) Reply
Very impressive! I dare not yet make a pair of non-stretch jeans, but if I did I would consider these!
wsm2408 said... (5/8/11 3:04 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking jeans. Better than RTW. I think you have just found the holy grail of sewing - pants that fit and look great.
Nancy Rhodes said... (5/7/11 10:50 PM) Reply
I am most interested in a non-stretch denim fit pattern... need that no stretch to hold all the jiggle stuff tight. (insert sad sigh here). Stretch jeans don't hold stuff still and use stretch-able to achieve great fit. but that's why we sew right??? Fit AND hold it still that's my goal.. Thanks for alerting me to a non-stretch design. Many thanks!!!!! Think you are on to something here. I think you can make legitimate claim to $200 jeans here... Great job!

Understanding Knit Fabrics