Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5974

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:5/23/11 1:39 PM

Other Projects by SueV using this Pattern

Cultured Purl said... (6/4/11 10:11 PM) Reply
Love your dress, and thank you for the review! Honestly,, I do not think one can have too many wrap dresses, they are so so classic. I have done other wrap dress patterns and the dresses range from black w. white collar and cuffs to a summery apricot floral This pattern in particular has different looks which is why I purchased it and fabric for 4 dresses! I think yours is lovely!
Elemenopeo said... (5/24/11 2:20 PM) Reply
This pattern is in my lineup and your version is just beautiful. Add me to the wrap dress fan club.
Ann Smith said... (5/24/11 1:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. That coverstitch looks perfect.
imsewcrazy said... (5/23/11 7:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I love knit wrap dresses too and can't get enough of them. Keep sewing and wearing them. They are so stylish!!!!
SewWil said... (5/23/11 7:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! How fun that you were able to find the print featured on the envelope since it looks so nice.
ButtonFaith said... (5/23/11 5:21 PM) Reply
Great dress! I have this pattern...I think it's time to try it! BTW, if wrap dresses work for you, I see no reason not to keep wearing them!
ConnieBJ said... (5/23/11 2:57 PM) Reply
Great dress Sue! I need to use my coverstitich more often too- we've been having words lately. Thanks for all the tips in the review- I'll be sure to look this up again when I get my version sewn!
DesignsByDenise said... (5/23/11 2:16 PM) Reply
Really cute dress! I just bought this pattern and plan on making several for my daughters and myself. I found a tip for hemming on knits that worked really well on the last top I made. Serge Stitch-Witchery on the wrong side of the hem edge, then you can use your double needle (I pressed the hem first, serged the Stitch-Witchery on, stitched with my double needle, then carefully pressed again). The Stitch-Witchery gives just enough stiffness that it doesn't bunch up and look like a pintuck - I hate that too. My next sewing machine will have coverlock capabilities!
Carol Mendoza said... (5/23/11 1:43 PM) Reply