Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:Pam in Virginia

About Pam in Virginiastar
VA USA
Member since: 8/15/06

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:6/6/11 3:00 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Karine said... (6/7/11 8:44 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt. I always like my lined skirts the best - I don't blame you for lining it. Can't wait to see the top.
SewWil said... (6/6/11 11:30 PM) Reply
Love this skirt! Great job!
cmarie12 said... (6/6/11 7:51 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose to make your version and also how you used piping at the waistline. This is a great skirt, isn't it?!
GoSewGirl said... (6/6/11 6:27 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and the back description is a bit of a typo on mine *semi-fitted A-lined skirt*. I think it should read *A-line skirt*. The lining fabric used is for a continuous bias strip for the Hong-Kong finish to the seams. I was confused at first too - especially when I read the fabric suggestions! I wouldn't be likely to line a lightweight *denim* skirt! Anyway, your skirt is cute! I plan to make this up soon - adding about 6" also!
mad stash said... (6/6/11 4:34 PM) Reply
You really know how to alter patterns to make them (imho) better! It's an interesting skirt with conservative fabric. Your version reminds me of the Avante Garde Japanese design asthetic: re/de-construction of traditional, utilitarian, Japanse clothing. I say this as a compliment. :)

By Hand London Anna Dress