Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5109 (Khaliah Ali Top)

Reviewed by:tamtay

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by tamtay using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

Ann B. said... (9/22/04 8:56 AM) Reply
IHi all, I got an email from Simp. about the bust sizing, hope this helps someone else. Thanks for writing to us. The Women's sizing is also a B cup. You may want to make a size or two larger at the side seams and/or princess seams, otherwise you would have to do the spreading and slashing method. Check with a muslin sample first. You will want to check the ease for the bust under GARMENT MEASUREMENTS. More ease can be allowed in the Women's sizing, but always check. As you know you must use the BODY MEASUREMENTS for your sizing, the Garment Measurements are measurements with the moving and/or designer's ease allowed. Ruth Burkhardt, Consumer Relations Representative Toll free line 888-588-2700 Fax 269-687-1500 Mailing Address: Simplicity Patterns Consumer Relations 901 Wayne St Niles, MI 49121 e.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (8/26/04 10:52 PM) Reply
thanks for the review - this one is on my list, fabric picked out and all. I just have to get through some other projects first....*grin*
tamtay said... (8/26/04 4:49 PM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments everyone! MaryT, I am a DD+, so an FBA is just a given for me. I had read elsewhere on PR that the Simplicity Plus sizes are drafted for a C cup, so maybe you won't have to do one for this pattern.
Sherril Miller said... (8/26/04 1:37 PM) Reply
I KWYM about getting though the alterations. It's such a chore to do and then you don't know if all that work will pay off in the end. Glad it worked out for you. This is on my fall sewing list as well.
SouthernStitch said... (8/26/04 10:31 AM) Reply
I have this one on my to do list for fall., and like you, just the top as I don't like the full skirt. You indicated a full bust adjustment. These are drafted for C cup, right? Just making sure, as I was not going to do a full bust - I am a C cup.
Mini said... (8/26/04 8:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this one. I have been making test muslins of the Khaliah Ali patterns, but haven't done this pattern yet. I really like the tops from this pattern collection, but prefer Burda for the pants and skirts, which seem too oversized for me. I also blend sizes on these, using my upper chest measurement for the pattern on top, and merging into a larger size at the hip just as you did. The fit of the sleeves and bust is really good compared to misses' sizes.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/26/04 7:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this top! It is next on my list. I too, thought the skirt looked too full and planned to substitute. Heh, great minds think alike! I love the top. Don't you love FRRP?
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/26/04 7:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern! It is next on my list. I too, thought the skirt looked too full and planned to substitute. Heh, great minds think alike! I love the top. Don't you love FFRP?
AnneM said... (8/26/04 4:48 AM) Reply
What a nice, feminine look! The skirt is a bit full in comparison to the top. Glad you were able to find a skirt you like the top with.
tamtay said... (8/26/04 1:32 AM) Reply