Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5193 (Design your own)

Reviewed by:seKimberlyso

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Other Projects by seKimberlyso using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

alviana said... (12/22/08 1:23 AM) Reply
beautiful dress. i just made one of those. I love the colors u choose. Inspiring :)
Debbie Cook said... (9/5/04 12:04 PM) Reply
How pretty and romantic! Love the colors and the style.
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/3/04 12:59 PM) Reply
Great dress! I will have to try out your FBA as I have a similar type top that I was thinking of making...
Danvillegirl said... (9/3/04 6:42 AM) Reply
Nice dress and great review. Very helpful.
AnneM said... (9/2/04 7:42 PM) Reply
Nice dress, very good job adjusting it to what you wanted.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/2/04 6:09 PM) Reply
Cute dress! I really like the bust adjustment. I have avoided those types of bodices because of the adjustment before, but I'll give it a try as soon as... um, well, maybe someday when I get to sew for myself again! :) -Ann
seKimberlyso said... (9/2/04 5:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Yes, the dart from the shoulder was just pushed flat as I neared the fuller part of the bust pattern. I just made sure when cutting the fabric that I pinned it taut where the dart disappeared, to make sure I got the fullest part of the bust right.
Sherril Miller said... (9/2/04 5:33 PM) Reply
A girlie dress-I like it! The length is just right. Thanks for the photo of your altered pattern piece. I tried to do a FBA on this type of bodice by adding a dart and then converting it under the bust as more gathers. The results were awful--but yours looks great. Did you just smoosh out the end of the dart from the shoulder to flatten it?
sewsue said... (9/2/04 5:29 PM) Reply
Great review and gorgeous dress! I love to hear about the process we sewists go through in deciding what pattern to use with what fabric and what changes we want to make to a pattern. We are so creative and clever. I love that about sewing! Your dress looks fantastic. Thanks for the detailed review.
clare said... (9/2/04 5:17 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! Thanks for the review... great timing as I have this pattern (I've sewn two tops) and was planning to sew a dress next. Great tip on the FBA... I was wondering how to do that!
cindyann said... (9/2/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! So feminine on you. Thanks for the great review. Love your detail pics.
NancyDaQ said... (9/2/04 4:52 PM) Reply
BTW the link looks like it's broken, but I was able to view the photo anyway by clicking the link. By the way, the dress is cute!

by: French.Sea...