Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2929

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

dathomas said... (7/11/11 9:35 AM) Reply
I think you made some very good adjustments. I love the simplicity of this dress and can see there is room for personalizing it. The fabric actually looks like linen BTW.
said... (6/26/11 10:22 PM) Reply
This is actually tres chic in my opinion...like something from a high end boutique. I too have used the bodice of this pattern in my wierd pink and grey thing in my reviews. It has no fit details but its ok for a starting point for inventing.
woole bully said... (6/26/11 11:46 AM) Reply
great idea! YOU made the pattern work! i like it.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/26/11 7:54 AM) Reply
This is a great dress! I love your details, especially the drawstring and sleeves.
psm484 said... (6/25/11 8:35 PM) Reply
I thought this looked so cute. Nothing like a sheperd costume. Really like the sleeve detail.
mad stash said... (6/25/11 8:34 PM) Reply
If I HAD to be reverse-incarnated into any biblical character, my first choice would be one of the three wise men - but an impoverished shephard would be my 2nd choice, and that's almost as good as first choice when one considers how many characters in the bible met with bad ends. Back to your dress, I see what you mean about the proportions looking totally different in the line drawing & in real life. Kudos to you for taking your version away from death's grip with the tabs & drawstring! It might not be among your most prized creations, but if you don't wear it as a dress, you would have the cutest bathing suit coverup at the beach.
JTink said... (6/25/11 6:49 PM) Reply
This is cute. The hat makes the outfit ;-)
Redsmum said... (6/25/11 5:56 PM) Reply
you - "impoverished shepherd" me - "European summer chic" - I think it's super cute! Love the tab sleeves. You took a pattern and made it your own!

Understanding Knit Fabrics