Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Cruise Club Kim Dress (Cruise Club Kim Dress)

Reviewed by:Knitz

About Knitz
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:7/1/11 5:07 PM
Last Updated:6/28/12 1:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Sew4Fun said... (7/5/11 9:49 PM) Reply
Lovely summer dress! Thanks for the review.
Fran G said... (7/3/11 5:38 PM) Reply
Thanks all for your sizing information!
Knitz said... (7/2/11 2:07 PM) Reply
FranG -- The size I sewed in the Style Arc garments I've made (2 pants, 1 top and this dress) is a 12 -- but again, I suggest you take honest measurements and go by the measurement chart on the SA web site as I don't think there is much correlation between US RTW sizes and pattern sizes. I 'may' have read somewhere that SA uses standard Australian RTW sizing, but I really don't know that for a fact. I 'do' know that here in the US I can be one of several different RTW sizes -- depends on the manufacturer, the cut of the garment, the type of garment, etc., etc. In any case, my (limited) experience with SA patterns would suggest that they run true to the sizing stated, with sufficient ease for wearing comfort. Hope that makes things a little clearer.
renren said... (7/2/11 1:42 PM) Reply
Very nice dress--glad to see all the positive buzz this new pattern line is getting.
qz said... (7/2/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Fran G - I wear an 8-10 in RTW as sized here in the states. The style arc pattern size 14 corresponds to a US size 10/medium. my pattern adjustments are less with this line than any other other. HTH
becca a said... (7/2/11 9:53 AM) Reply
This dress is so simple and comfortable looking. It looks great on.
Knitz said... (7/2/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone -- appreciate the nice comments! FranG -- forget your RTW size and just go by the measurements listed for each size on the Style Arc site -- I find the patterns very true to the measurements listed. Of course, no matter what pattern company you use it's always possible you may need to make some adjustments, but what I like about Style Arc is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of excess fabric -- especially in the pants. Point taken Australians :-) -- still, three cheers for a great Australian product!
Fran G said... (7/2/11 7:04 AM) Reply
Very chic and cool looking. May I ask what size you generally buy in RTW and what size you used for this ARC dress? As they are not multi sized, I am interested in learning how their sizing runs. Thanks.
Vonnevo said... (7/2/11 6:01 AM) Reply
Fabulous Dress, glad you like the Style Arc patterns :) We have lucked out in oz with a wonderful pattern designer but buying the fabric is not always easy.
ChristmasHills said... (7/2/11 3:48 AM) Reply
Don't envy us Aussies too much, we have to send to the US for fabric. Stretch fabric here in non made fabric is appallingly limited.
sfshaza said... (7/1/11 9:55 PM) Reply
THe dress looks great and, you are right, the fit of the armhole is perfection!
qz said... (7/1/11 9:13 PM) Reply
You look great in this. I just ordered six new patterns. Now I wish I had ordered seven :) oh well... august is another month
GlobalMom said... (7/1/11 9:01 PM) Reply
So glad you posted this one! It's on my wish list...
CAgirl said... (7/1/11 7:36 PM) Reply
You look very chic in this dress!
ArtAttack said... (7/1/11 6:12 PM) Reply
Adorable! So simple and chic...and like you said can be dressed up or it!
Pattern Work