Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7632 (JACKET / STOLE)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:7/8/11 1:34 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Barbara V said... (8/10/11 5:54 PM) Reply
Hi Annette, so preoccupied this summer that I didn't even see your review until now :-(.....so have just had a delightful read through the making of your two beautiful jackets. I love them both; but am really wowed by the white one over black dress with turquoise jewelry. You look great! Thanks for the many tips and link to fabric store which I also enjoyed browsing through. Take care - Happy sewing!
Heatherrique said... (7/14/11 4:08 PM) Reply
You created two exquisitely gorgeous jackets, Annette! Thank your for a VH review, especially for the part on your impeccable looking sleeve heads. Aren't you now at the Expert/Couture level? Intermediate is a total misnomer!!! Good to see you here again in PR.
1SewSweet said... (7/12/11 9:12 AM) Reply
WOW!! Great jackets! The white one is to die for!!! I truly love white jackets and have only made one in my entire life...can you believe that?? This is definitely one I'd love to own too!! Great job!! Thanks for all the wonderful tips!!
sfshaza said... (7/11/11 7:58 PM) Reply
I enjoy reading your reviews and I enjoy reading the comments on your reviews. :) This white jacket is so gorgeous! The pin is a perfect accessory. You DO look like a movie star! So elegant and glamorous.
Catbird said... (7/11/11 4:23 PM) Reply
I love it and LOVE that wonderful deep, tall collar. The pin is perfect with it, too. I'd love to see the whole look over a dress or whatever you're wearing it with. Fantastic review! I appreciate that before-and-after sleeve head comparison -- it really shows the subtle but important finishing touch that tailoring can give you. I'm looking forward to one of these in a jean jacket style!
Danvillegirl said... (7/11/11 7:04 AM) Reply
Your jackets are always perfect. Great detailed review. I like both jackets!
Grammy Gin said... (7/10/11 6:43 PM) Reply
I've been wondering why you hadn't posted any reviews lately!! Glad to see this one for the beautiful jackets. They look so good on you! Love your hair style too! You certainly are the "Jacket Queen"!
Annette1 said... (7/9/11 6:39 PM) Reply
THANK YOU for the very nice comments, ladies! You make my day. :o) Joan, I think I know what you mean about putting the sleeve heads in before the sleeve is installed. I've seen where they'll take a piece of fairly heavy interfacing shaped similar to the sleeve cap and baste that to the sleeve, but I've never actually DONE that. Given that I THINK I've seen both Kay Y and Ann Rowley do that, though, I expect it's the SUPERIOR method!
Obrooks770 said... (7/9/11 1:18 PM) Reply
Both jacket are beautiful. The jacket just looks awesome on you and I love the blue. So, good to see your review again and this one is just awesome and so thorough. I just can't get over how I love these jackets and you look gorgeous.
Fran G said... (7/9/11 8:22 AM) Reply
Annette..you write the BEST reviews..entertaining and informative. Your white jacket is my favorite and I, too, like my whites WHITE! Fabulous styling!
Joan in NM said... (7/9/11 2:43 AM) Reply
The white jacket is perfect!!! I looked at the picture album before reading the review. Based on the pictures, I could tell that the blue jacket was different, but I thought it was a different fabric that didn't suit the pattern as well. I would love to see this jacket in wool felt.... I am confused about the sleeve head: why did you attach the sleeve first and then insert the sleeve head rather than doing it all at once? Am I missing something? They do make a wonderful difference and I want to try them. Thank you for the great review!
BexInMD said... (7/8/11 2:33 PM) Reply
You make such beautiful jackets, and these are especially lovely. Thanks for all of the very helpful information on technique and sources.
mesewlot said... (7/8/11 11:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets~ job well done!!!
Karendee said... (7/8/11 11:01 AM) Reply
I must definitely post my comment before reading the others, for I'm sure they will be similiar. This review is amazing, both in the beautiful jackets you sewed and the wonderful, helpful step-by-step information given. I forget so much about sewing jackets, then just go to one of your reviews, and learn it all again and more. You are truly in a class of your own concerning your sewing ability; no one can make a jacket like the "Jacket Queen." Of course I love the new hairdo, beautiful jackets of a more slim styling, specialty neckline, and definitely the accessorizing . Who but Queen Annette can style a pin or necklace at a neckline and look like WWD or Vogue Couture? You are a real talent in every way; so glad to see these posts. BTW, if the Pacific Blue is a little long, I happen to know someone who loves that color and is a bit taller than you. Oh, and she happens to wear dresses also. LOL.
SewWil said... (7/8/11 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow! These jackets are beautiful. Good to read one of your reviews. Always very informative. I'd say that review writing came back to you quickly. Thanks for all of the information. Your jackets look terrific on you. I love the pin. Perfect!
carolynw said... (7/8/11 9:31 AM) Reply
Hi Annette - you have been missed - hope all is wellwith you and yours. Your jackets are beautiful - I especially love the white and yes I can see alittle teeny difference with the blue and the FBA but would not have noticed it until you pointed it out so wear with confidence. Loved your usual "Annette style" review
KathySews said... (7/8/11 9:18 AM) Reply
great jacket, great review. thanks for the linen info and the great instructions on the sleeve head. I hope August is sewing month for me and I definitely want to learn to use the sleeve head info. Thanks
sewing for fun said... (7/8/11 8:55 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful jackets. The pin is perfect and the collar is wonderfully flattering, and so is the fit.
Peggy L said... (7/8/11 8:18 AM) Reply
Great review of great jackets! Very informative as usual. Off to check out the linens:)
rutaliet said... (7/8/11 8:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the sewing class ! Very useful information and BEAUTIFUL jackets - so flattering on you.
Rebecca D said... (7/8/11 6:48 AM) Reply
Both jackets are gorgeous and as usual, flawless construction.
RoseFromThule said... (7/8/11 3:30 AM) Reply
Both jackets are beautiful, sleek and stylish ! You were right to go with only the pin, it showcases it beautifully. And thanks for the sleeve easing tutorial, I always have issues with this and will try the "easing while basting" way next time !
Sigrid. said... (7/8/11 3:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets, both colors are very good on you. Good to see a review by you again, always a pleasure to read them.
rivergum said... (7/8/11 2:20 AM) Reply
I love those jackets, they look fabulous! I have always liked that pattern and am pleased to see that it makes up as nicely as I imagined.
Christas said... (7/8/11 1:53 AM) Reply
Well, THANK GOODNESS! I am so glad to finally read a review from you again! It's been F.O.R.E.V.E.R ...... , or at least it seems that way. Your reviews are always like a great sewing class, with a little sewing fabric and notions enabling thrown in. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both jackets, but that white one is GORGEOUSIMO! You have it accessorized perfectly, and you look like a movie star. P.S. ....... please send sewing mojo my way! :-)
Annette1 said... (7/8/11 1:51 AM) Reply
Ha! Thanks, Renren. It's great to hear from you. :o) I've been SLUFFING in my duties on PR, in both POSTING and COMMENTING! Man, I LOVE those FLOWERS on your icon there.
renren said... (7/8/11 1:49 AM) Reply
Both are so beautiful and that Pacific Blue is a stunning color. Thanks for all the sourcing information. Maybe you had forgotten how to write a review when you started, but I'd say you remembered exactly how to write an Annette Style review by the time it was over! Bravo!

by: velosewer