Pattern Reviews> Jamie Christina> JC312MM (The Mission Maxi)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:7/13/11 0:37 AM
Last Updated:7/13/11 0:50 AM
KathySews said... (5/7/12 7:34 AM) Reply
Eve that is one fantastic fabric placement on your dress. it is beautiful
Memaddiemike said... (3/27/12 10:06 AM) Reply
Thank you for the details. Love your version and the wider arm area is a great tip. I need the strap area to be three fingers wide for dress code, now I know to leave the neckline alone and add to the other side :)
wendyrb said... (3/3/12 12:47 PM) Reply
Great planning, sewing, results and review! Like you I need a bra and would adjust the strap area. Thanks so much since I'm leery of knit tanks gaping on my curvy body. Hope you've enjoyed a weekend with DH by now. Plus I never heard of the Emma Seabrooke stay tape- will get some.
Sewingshaybug said... (8/9/11 1:28 PM) Reply
Omg ! Love this dress, the print is beautiful. Great job!
sewbarbie said... (7/14/11 11:42 PM) Reply
This dress is a stunner!
Heatherrique said... (7/14/11 6:24 PM) Reply
It's time to go out and partay in that knockout of a dress!
NanaSews said... (7/14/11 6:11 PM) Reply
Oh, my. You are stunning, Eve. What a vision you had and it worked out beautifully . . .
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/14/11 1:13 AM) Reply
Fantastic, you chose the perfect pattern placement for this amazing print - I have this one in my stash in a different colourway, like yours it has been patiently waiting for a year so this is great inspiration.
Raye Ann said... (7/13/11 10:43 PM) Reply
I will throw in my "woo hoo!" along with the other 32:) Great dress in a great fabric. I absolutely love it. Congratulations on such a fabulous new dress.
MissyBelle said... (7/13/11 8:45 PM) Reply
I like how you placed the swirls. Compliments your shape. Perfect bracelet too. Great work.
Sharon M said... (7/13/11 6:39 PM) Reply
Love, love, love this!
MNBarb said... (7/13/11 5:58 PM) Reply
You have found the perfect pattern for this unique fabric. The fit and fabric lines make you look all slim, yet shapely.
hme75 said... (7/13/11 5:49 PM) Reply
What a fantastic dress - the fit and fabric are both perfect!
SewWil said... (7/13/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Wow! What a striking dress! Perfect pattern to showcase your wonderful fabric. This dress looks great on you.
EveS said... (7/13/11 3:28 PM) Reply
WOW!! I thought having an awesome new dress was fabulous, but you are all the icing on the cake!!! You've all made my day with your kind comments! You know, DH and I are hoping to actually get a grown-up weekend away in the next couple of months (our first in over 5 yrs)...wanna guess what dress will absolutely be making the trip with me? :) Really...I can't thank you all enough for the happy thoughts!! :)
crazygrad said... (7/13/11 3:04 PM) Reply
That is just gorgeous! You look like you're ready for drinks poolside with Ms. Lola Falana!
RLL said... (7/13/11 2:54 PM) Reply
I hope you don't mind all eyes being on you....that is a real head turner of a dress. Gorgeous!
no7262 said... (7/13/11 2:53 PM) Reply
I just ordered this yesterday! I can't wait to get it! Thanks for the info on the sizing. Your dress came out beautiful! Nora :)
Laurie Lou said... (7/13/11 2:40 PM) Reply
WoW! You hit that one out of the park and where you placed the print looks amazing on you. Super flattering. I never heard of her patterns so thanks for reviewing this.
Sheila457 said... (7/13/11 2:04 PM) Reply
The dress looks fabulous on you.
Scheryka said... (7/13/11 1:51 PM) Reply
Cute! Love the print.
Claverie said... (7/13/11 1:32 PM) Reply
I can't possibly add anything new to this thread. That's an absolutely gorgeous dress. Great use of the fabric. ... in awe!
cindy-lou said... (7/13/11 1:00 PM) Reply
Eve, you are Smokin' Hot in that dress! It is truly killer-- the side seam matching, the fit (which should be snug to show off your voluptuous self), the print placement... It's truly awesome and your husband better make some reservations to a swanky place *fast* to give you an occasion to wear this baby. Gorgeous!
Sue Anfang said... (7/13/11 12:31 PM) Reply
Really gorgeous, your placement of the fabrics pattern is impeccable! Lovely!
Rhoda K said... (7/13/11 12:30 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! It looks so nice on you and the fabric is gorgeous.
Izzie said... (7/13/11 12:16 PM) Reply
That is one fabulous dress! I have eyed that fabric for some time and never purchased because I didn't know what to do with it. You certainly did it justice....great job!
VirginiasDghter said... (7/13/11 11:50 AM) Reply
That's HOT!!!! Nice work!
Patti B said... (7/13/11 11:32 AM) Reply
Oh my, is that stunning. Perfect fabric for this style and looks fabulous on you. Thanks for introducing a new pattern line too.
sewbehind said... (7/13/11 10:34 AM) Reply
That is just gorgeous! You look fantastic in this! Wear it with pride!
Ericaeli said... (7/13/11 10:29 AM) Reply
What a great looking dress. You really used the large print so well. Thank you for the helpful review too.
Gelbean said... (7/13/11 10:24 AM) Reply
Wow! What an incredible dress! Nice use of that large print.
becca a said... (7/13/11 9:42 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous maxi! I love your use of this print.
lakaribane said... (7/13/11 9:04 AM) Reply
I love it! and you tried to match that crazy gorgeous fabric, too! Wow, Double Wow!
Christas said... (7/13/11 8:30 AM) Reply
That is one VERY amazing dress (could the fabric be any cooler?); it looks FANTASTIC on you!
Kim12469 said... (7/13/11 8:13 AM) Reply
Phenomenal dress!!! Hmm, wonder if I could drive over the west side and steal this???
Amanda.Claire said... (7/13/11 7:50 AM) Reply
Really pretty dress and amazing fabric!! I love Emma Seabrooke's tape too!
BexInMD said... (7/13/11 7:24 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job showcasing the fabric. It's gorgeous on you!
Lori V said... (7/13/11 7:03 AM) Reply
Eve, your dress is fantastic and you look incredible. The fabric is fabulous.
KensingtonCrab said... (7/13/11 6:09 AM) Reply
Wow!What a fabulous dress and fantastic fabric! Winner all around and great review to boot! Thanks for sharing!
marec said... (7/13/11 1:46 AM) Reply
That is a knockout dress, especially on you! I love how you positioned the fabric to get the flow of the lines. It is just plain beautiful.
Annette1 said... (7/13/11 0:46 AM) Reply
Oh, WOW, Eve, you look AWESOME in this dress! It's JUST the right fit to be oh-so-flattering, and that PRINT ... I'm PEA GREEN!
All About Linings
All About Linings

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Kwik Sew 2333

by: goosegreen

by: ssssdeb

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Liberated Flora Tunic and Twirly Skirt