Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8705 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:sacmabell

About sacmabellstar
CA United States
Member since: 11/13/08
Posted on:7/14/11 7:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
SJ Kurtz said... (1/30/12 2:15 AM) Reply
I added this pattern to a set of photos for a friend who is having me make her a drop dead gorgeous dress event (that should be an abbreviation). I was dismayed when she picked it, knits are not my strength, but your review has given me courage. And useful info. Thanks!
DaisyA said... (10/29/11 7:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. You have done a great job. This is high on my daughters wishlist. I have the pattern and would like to try a paper pattern fit first because she has a decent sized bust. Any ideas??
Scheryka said... (7/15/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Looks good! I have this on my to do list. I will get to it before summer end. Great job.
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/14/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Definitely for the 21. Or at least for those with the forever21 attitude.. I like the looks of this design, most intriguing eye candy out of Vogue in recent catalogs. Edited for fat finger iPad screen typing errors/ replacement words I did not type!!!!t
AndreaSews said... (7/14/11 10:47 PM) Reply
Wow, very cool! When I saw this in the pattern book, my thought was "Oh to be 21 again!". Your daughter will look incredible in this dress, I'm sure!
sewtofit said... (7/14/11 10:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the the review...I'm cutting on this dress now. So I guess I'll see how it goes. Good tip on the walking foot.
K_sew said... (7/14/11 9:52 PM) Reply
This is a very interesting design. You did a good job with it! The photo on the pattern envelope really doesn't inspire, but I've seen the dress sewn up at Janie's Sewing Corner in Cleveland by a lovely woman. She did not do the contrast topstitching and it looked wonderful. She also had issues with some of the straps having to be repositioned.
optimistic said... (7/14/11 8:53 PM) Reply
I am so glad you did a review for this dress! It is in my que, but didn't really want to be the first to try it. Great job and topstitching!
Ejegmama said... (7/14/11 8:53 PM) Reply
Wow you can be my sewing hero of the day. That looks great.
LBeveryday said... (7/14/11 8:10 PM) Reply
Thank u for posting the pics. I am somewhat intimidated by this dress, what needle did you use? I'm a beginner who loves sewing:)

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2013-101