Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3827 (Angled Front Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:Sewingelle

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket
Sue Parrott said... (12/11/13 10:31 PM) Reply
Really cute!
yummymummy38 said... (12/12/11 7:18 AM) Reply
Wow! This looks very sharp, I would have not given this pattern another look... Great details, love the shape and that it's reversible
Sew4Fun said... (11/6/11 5:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! It looks great in your fabric choice and I like how you made it reversible.
Sewingelle said... (8/2/11 7:19 PM) Reply
I think wool melton would be ideal for this jacket. Just check your sizing first
WJean said... (8/2/11 3:00 PM) Reply
I went to your blog because I am very much interested in making this garment. The jacket looks wonderful and your sewing details superb. I am interested in the vest (and, I don't really care for vests!!), but your reveiw is so good that I know which fabric I am going to use to make this jacket. It's a black wool melton that I've had in my stash for quite a while. Do you think that will work? The back detailing on this jacket is what sold me. Fall and winter is on the way!Thanks so much.
becca a said... (8/2/11 2:32 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket! I love the seaming in the back, the fact that it is reversible, and the raw edges. It is a bit big in the shoulders, but short of removing the sleeves and resetting them in trimmed armscyes, I don't see a way to change that. With a big sweater it should be fine.
Q Valley Mary said... (8/2/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Very classy jacket! Personally, I'm always glad when mine turn out a bit roomy, so I can wear whatever I want under the jacket and get more use from it.
Time4me said... (8/1/11 11:18 AM) Reply
Wow, I think I like your slightly looser version better. Really nice.
marec said... (8/1/11 10:54 AM) Reply
You made such good use of this double sided wool-I think the jacket is so chic.
sewbehind said... (8/1/11 10:44 AM) Reply
That is fabulous in a double faced wool. Looks great on you. Love the seaming in the back.
lcdrbetty said... (8/1/11 8:26 AM) Reply
Love your looking lapped seams! Will keep your review in mind when I sew this pattern. Very nice job!

by: BiKe

by: SAMBoddy

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)