Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2948 (Twin Sets)

Viewed 2092 times
Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:9/13/04 2:49 PM

Sew it seams said... (6/23/06 1:02 AM) Reply
Cheryl the ribbing fabric that I used was 44" inches wide and was in a tube. (no selvage edges). I got it from JoAnn's. The store here near me usually has a nice variety of this type of knit binding. It is cotton, but has a slight bit of lycra threads I think, since the recovery is excellent. I'm planning on making a few more for this summer, but will add length to the hem and side vents. It is still my favorite tank pattern!
kmouse said... (6/22/06 10:52 PM) Reply
The cardigan and tank are wonderful! I love the way you used the ribbing fabric for the actual tank! I will try to look for that myself.
Sew it seams said... (10/27/04 9:16 AM) Reply
Hi mrs quickly, I did lower the front neckline about an inch, but the cardigan is cut exactly as the pattern indicates. I have worn this set so much that the color is starting to fade. :( I will definately make it again. The tank is a really great fit all on it's own, but it's too cold here to wear it without the cardigan.
mrs quickly said... (10/26/04 10:07 PM) Reply
Great looking twin set. Did you lower the neckline of the tank or the cardi? Thanks!
Danvillegirl said... (9/14/04 7:44 PM) Reply
Very nice, love the color.
Chimene said... (9/14/04 1:37 PM) Reply
Wow I was just looking at my pattern stash and realized that I have this one!! Thanks for providing the advice and the motivation to get started!! Chimene
PVA said... (9/14/04 10:22 AM) Reply
My favorite style for a cardigan! Thanks for reviewing this pattern -- your finished garment is just perfect! Onto the wish list it goes!
slow to sew said... (9/14/04 8:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Thank you for pointing out the error for me (a beginner). I may try this one.
Jennifer West said... (9/14/04 7:43 AM) Reply
Great looking twinset. This is a nice pattern!
Sew it seams said... (9/14/04 7:29 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone, for your nice comments. This If you give this twinset a try, you will be pleasantly surprised at how fast and easy it goes together.
Liane M said... (9/14/04 5:58 AM) Reply
This is a very nice set. I was looking at the Coldwater Creek website for ideas and saw a red cardigan and wished I had a similar pattern. This look like it. Thanks for the review.
kira said... (9/14/04 1:02 AM) Reply
Great set!! Now where did I put my pattern list, I have to add this one!
Schnauzer said... (9/13/04 11:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous!
MelissaL88 said... (9/13/04 10:22 PM) Reply
Great set, Debe. This is going on my list of must trys! Thanks for the great review.
Lori V said... (9/13/04 10:13 PM) Reply
wow, looks terrific.
JDpenelope said... (9/13/04 6:24 PM) Reply
What a professional job you did with this set. It sure would be nice to have the fba drafted into the pattern.
Leslie in Austin said... (9/13/04 5:30 PM) Reply
I imagine that color is beautiful on you, Debe. And thanks for mentioning the knit you used. I fondled some at the store the other day, thinking it was much nicer than the other non-tube rib knits, but didn't know whether it could be used for the body of garments. Thanks for confirming what I had hoped!
Gigi Louis said... (9/13/04 4:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
MaryBeth said... (9/13/04 4:45 PM) Reply
Very nice, Debe!
Mary Stiefer said... (9/13/04 4:36 PM) Reply
What a great job.
SouthernStitch said... (9/13/04 4:31 PM) Reply
I have this one too, and I've been thinking it's time to do another. Your pic is so nice and clear - lovely job!!
Karen Bowers said... (9/13/04 4:02 PM) Reply
wow! great looking set! thanks for reviewing it.
jlg said... (9/13/04 3:57 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. What a great set.
cindyann said... (9/13/04 3:28 PM) Reply
I love it. This looks like it has just a bit more shaping to it than 2759. Thanks for pointing out the error and for bringing this to our attention.
Diana M said... (9/13/04 3:10 PM) Reply
How wonderful to find a basic pattern that needs no alterations. Great job, looks very rtw (is that a compliment?). Thanks for the review.
JoleneF said... (9/13/04 3:09 PM) Reply
Very nice, I have added this to my wish list.
Kris32 said... (9/13/04 2:58 PM) Reply
That is beautiful! What a nice set for everyday wear. Thanks for pointing out the error on the sleeves.

by: endlesslye...