Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7359 (SHIRT)

Reviewed by:sarah121haras

About sarah121harasstar
IN USA
Member since: 5/9/09
Posted on:8/8/11 9:12 PM
Last Updated:1/10/13 10:43 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
Heatherrique said... (1/11/13 3:11 PM) Reply
Cool looking shirt! Thanks for the inspiration to sew a shirt for my husband.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/10/13 11:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I am about to start sewing a Burda shirt for my son. Your shirt looks great!
renren said... (8/10/11 11:56 PM) Reply
I like your husband's new shirt. I like the colors, too, and the slim fit creates very nice lines. Wish my dh could wear this, but I'm thinking the slim fit wouldn't work (same for me, too, sadly), but it's perfect for your dh!
sarah121haras said... (8/9/11 8:21 PM) Reply
@Joan: It is more fitted than any other men's shirt pattern I have seen. That was part of what drew me to it. Since my husband is slim I think this style suits his body better. @becca: I am posting more info on my blog about the collar. I posted a link to it in this review.
becca a said... (8/9/11 10:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review--good men's patterns are so rare it is always helpful to have a heads up about one. I like the prince? seaming--it gives a nice fitted shape. Is the collar cut on?
Vintage Joan said... (8/8/11 10:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I'm working on this shirt for my son. From the photo (since your husband seems quite slim) I'm assuming this shirt is more fitted than most size 42 shirt patterns would be on him?

THE BASIC SLEEVE, a CD book by Kenneth King