Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1255 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:loti

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Christas said... (9/3/11 11:14 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
jannw said... (8/22/11 9:09 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty..love your ruffles and buttons...it looks as if it comes up pretty high at the sides also..enjoy wearing it and I hope the ruffles wear attractivly..too pretty not to be seen in public!
Margaret said... (8/22/11 2:31 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I love all the little ruffles. I guess it could work as a dress with the whole leggings trend, but agree it looks better as a tunic and without the casing. Great work!
margk said... (8/21/11 6:05 PM) Reply
Great fabric and colour. I think this is much more suited to a tunic or blouse. I hope your ruffle edges hold up. Re the difficulty, I think this is often the case with Vogue, isn't it?
Claverie said... (8/21/11 4:20 PM) Reply
This looks like a LOT of blouse, which is why I'm staying away from it. But I'm glad you posted the review because the blouse looks great. Love the color. Definitely looks like you put some work into it.
bananaoil said... (8/21/11 1:07 PM) Reply
This is a n excellent review, thanks. I like this as a blouse (shorter view) or a tunic to wear over pants or skirt. However, it occurs to me the style (of a long shirt) is what makes it look too short. Don't know if it would be your preference, but I think something styled more like a dress could be worn that short and look attractive. Since I was there the first (& second!) time around, I won't be visiting short skirts again myself. Have at it girls!
EleanorSews said... (8/21/11 1:07 PM) Reply
Another stunning creation! Great review, too. I have decided I want your closet. You make some of the prettiest things, and do ti so beautifully.
Re Becca said... (8/21/11 11:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I agree about the length and the belt. I love your fabric choice, the color is beautiful on you! Thanks for the details, this was bery helpful.
RadarRadiance said... (8/21/11 9:53 AM) Reply
Love the color and fabric choice! What a labor of love and it turned out beautiful! Love it but can't believe it isn't labeled advanced ;-)
Karen FP said... (8/21/11 9:52 AM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern. Thanks for the detailed review. You touched on some of the areas that I thought might be a challenge. I will give it a try with some silk cotton. I can't imagine attempting this with a slippery fabric. I love the color and you did a great job. Enjoy wearing it as a shirt or a nightie, either way it looks great!
renren said... (8/21/11 9:41 AM) Reply
It is very beautiful--love the color and those little fabric-covered buttons you made. It looks like a great pattern to use as a springboard to other things, too--blouse, tunic, dress, short/long nightgowns. Lots of appeal with the tucks and ruffles . . . and the cute little buttons!
manola6176 said... (8/21/11 9:25 AM) Reply
this tunic is a lot of work. The result is beautiful

Merchant & Mills Top 64