Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 6559 (1970s dress and jacket)

Reviewed by:Tonya

About Tonyastarstar
Posted on:8/12/07 8:20 PM
Last Updated:8/12/07 8:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
ZoeP said... (8/14/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Very nice. This motivates me to sew some of the vintage patterns my mother-in-law. It looks great on you. And by the way, I remember what qiana is...
Re Becca said... (8/13/07 7:41 PM) Reply
I reall like the bigger print and the shorter length, it looks very "now". nice dress.
Danvillegirl said... (8/13/07 6:47 AM) Reply
Both dresses look great on you! Love the fabric used in the shorter version and like the ribbon touch.
tomed said... (8/12/07 8:47 PM) Reply
I would definitely not say "dumpy"! Very nice indeed.
christine A said... (8/12/07 8:35 PM) Reply
It is wonderful!
candyo said... (9/18/04 1:48 PM) Reply
Very cool! Nice to see you back- I was wonderng what happened to you!
mag said... (9/18/04 1:27 PM) Reply
Very nice review. I like the oldie patterns. It is fun to find this type of thing. I have some really old ones that I got at an antique auction that don't even have the cutting lines on them. Afraid to use them. Also some not quite as dated that I would like to try.
Tonya said... (9/17/04 10:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the kind comments all - it's quite interesting to me to see that several people recognized this pattern! Must've been a popular one in its day.
Diana M said... (9/17/04 5:40 PM) Reply
I remember that pattern -- I made it for my first trip to Las Vegas out of Qiana -- does anyone else remember that fabric? Very nice look for you.
JDpenelope said... (9/17/04 5:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful color and fits so nicely. I think the 70's are back "in"--everything seems to be "so retro" now.
Snowblossom said... (9/17/04 1:18 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress it looks very good on you, and good choice of fabric too. Its really worth it to keep old patterns which work. They may come back in style or may be able to be adapted to current styles.
ladylola said... (9/17/04 12:58 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the fabric!
Neefer said... (9/17/04 11:25 AM) Reply
Very Cool!
jlg said... (9/17/04 11:14 AM) Reply
Tonya, very pretty on you (and you don't look at all dumpy).
Aunt Cathy said... (9/17/04 10:09 AM) Reply
Very nice Tonya. I have made that dress so many times for my mom way back when. I've also kept all those old patterns and always wondered if I should try using them again. Thanks for the great review and thanks for taking us back in time.