Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8827 (Man's T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:Gladys

About Gladysstar
FL USA
Member since: 8/18/04
Posted on:9/19/04 8:59 AM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
suncentaur said... (9/21/04 11:50 AM) Reply
I really like your shirt. I made this one too. I like how you used the contrasting colors. The pattern is very versatile and I would like to try some more versions of it myself. I too, really liked how the sleeves are attached, it was very easy. Nice job!
Elemenopeo said... (9/20/04 8:53 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! D1 Diva, my DH is also large - wears a size 50 shirt - I find McCalls, Kwik Sew and some Burdas work well for him.
D1Diva said... (9/20/04 0:31 AM) Reply
Nice!! Let us know when you find the sport jersey fabric. I have a Chicago Bulls jersey (#23 when he was still with them) made of the net fabric you are looking for, but I couldn't bring myself to cut it up for a t-shirt, no matter how much I love my hubby! Thanks for the review - these men's clothing reviews make me wish I could make something for my husband, I just can't find a pattern that is large enough for a stout man. Has anyone else found one?
PattiK said... (9/19/04 8:56 PM) Reply
Love your shirt! I'll need to pick up this pattern for DH. Thanks for the review.
pharmercoon said... (9/19/04 9:25 AM) Reply
I love it-I'll have to try this for my DH-although it will require me making it bigger than the pattern comes! And in purple & gold (geaux tigers)!
Gladys said... (9/19/04 9:22 AM) Reply
Jennie, I would say pretty much it does - I made it in the 44 and the neck was fine, but the second time I made it, instead of 5/8" seams, I used 3/8" since my DH likes the extra room.
jennie k said... (9/19/04 9:12 AM) Reply
Looks great. Thank you for this review. I've been looking for this exact style for dhtb (I'll have to use Ravens colors, of course =)). Did the chest and neck ran true to the sizes on the envelope?

Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat