Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1220 (misses dress and belt)

Reviewed by:Catherine Daze

Posted on:9/11/11 1:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
JMarie1962 said... (2/19/12 1:46 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and fabric purchased in a medium solid blue. Yours turned out so nice and I'd agree that the pattern lends itself to solid colors to show off the pleats. Thanks for a great review
JodieT said... (9/15/11 4:46 PM) Reply
I think this dress looks perfect on you. The length is very attractive, especially since you have flawless legs. I like the shoes you chose as well. I have this pattern and I am 5'9" so glad you mentioned height may need to be taken in consideration. It always does for me!
Nikoo said... (9/12/11 4:29 PM) Reply
I love when someone can make one of the designer dresses and it looks this good. We all strive for the perfect fit and you did fabulous job on this dress...You look great!!
becca a said... (9/12/11 7:18 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! I love the fabric. The placket won't fit into the hem facing because the hem facing doesn't go to the edge of the dress but to the edge of the facing that is folded in the length of the dress to which the placket is attached. It does seem that there should be a better way to do it, but I haven't figured it out. Like you I folded in the bottom of the facing to finish it off.
jenleeC said... (9/12/11 0:56 AM) Reply
Even though the shorter length was not planned I think it is a happy accident as it looks great!
SewWil said... (9/12/11 0:29 AM) Reply
Great looking dress!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/11/11 5:32 PM) Reply
Your dress looks wonderful especially with your coloring!
lbreton said... (9/11/11 5:20 PM) Reply
I love this dress. And you styled it nicely with the shoes. Thanks, also, for the details about the pattern.
JanineMck said... (9/11/11 5:12 PM) Reply
I thought you must have purposely sewn this shorter - usually vogue patterns run longer. However it looks really edgy and looks great with your shoes. Well done.
Knitters Delight said... (9/11/11 2:56 PM) Reply
Another great dress using this pattern.

The Technique of Underlining Garments